$0.25/$0.15 - Pocket Sevens

As I am new to Limit play I asked for some advice and was suggested I post some hands, so this is a hand that bugged me from my first ever Limit Session today. Full Table 10 Handed Limit Cash $0.25/$0.15Hero = :D :7cUTG foldsUTG+1 callsHero bets $0.505 foldsBB callsUTG+1 callsFlop (pot $3.05) :club::D:) BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls (heads up)Turn (pot $4.05) :D UTG+1 checks, Hero checks (pot $3.05)River :D UTG+1 checks, Hero checksLooking back on the hand I think I played it poorly, should I have bet the turn and/or river? ShouldI have been worried about the flush draw, which is what I think I was wary of.Thanks for any help guys!!

Maybe it's a bit passive, but with no reads on villian, I might play it the same. Unless he is simply a complete donkey, what is he calling with on the flop that you now beat on the turn? Every draw got there...three overcards.....if you bet it is a bluff....and at these limits he most likely isn't laying down a Q or a J.....I think you can only get him to lay down 99 or some time of straight draw that has an 8 in it...not even then if he has any spade. I just can't see anything we beat or can get him to lay down...I check turn and fold river if he bets...

Meh. I probably bet the turn and check the river, folding to any aggression.As played, I'm probably too likely to pay off a river bet, and I don't like that too much. I'd rather spend that bet on the turn when I have a chance to charge draws, fold some hands drawing more live than they think, and maaaaaaybe fold a better hand.

[bet in order to] fold some hands drawing more live than they think, and maaaaaaybe fold a better hand.
I'm not sure I bet here; but plaese take this sentence from Zach to heart.Some players will actually assume you have at least TP and play accordingly.Now others will assume they always have at last 6 pair outs + any draws, and they'll call down accordingly.Try to determine which one of these your opponents are

I should clarify, I might not bet here either, but if I planned on seeing showdown, I would bet, check river, as opposed to the check, call river line.I think this may just be one of those check, fold spots, though.

In early position i like to limp this preflop to bring other players in. I'm not nuts about raising small and medium pairs early with players left to act. I like the attempt to isolate generally, but in later position and not against an early position limper unless I'm on the Button looking to fold out the blinds and get it heads up.I like the c-bet on the flop, but once you are called it's all judgement and reads. Against a passive player I'm happy to check/fold the turn, or just call the river if the turn goes check/check due to the size of the pot (we'd get 9:1 to call the river if the turn was checked).

What do you all think of pf?I'm usually limping there in most low stakes games
Meh, I could go either way. Two limpers and I'm definitely limping, one limper is prob a ton closer. If there are tighter players behind me, I prob raise, if everyone is loose, I prob prefer a limp. Make sense?
Meh, I could go either way. Two limpers and I'm definitely limping, one limper is prob a ton closer. If there are tighter players behind me, I prob raise, if everyone is loose, I prob prefer a limp. Make sense?
yep.Kinda the same idea I had but I used "small stakes games" to mean loose.But yours in better / more descriptive

Thanks for the responses guys they are very helpful, I can see what you're trying to say. So with a hand like this (7-7) is it very dependant on the make up of the table and my position as to whether I should raise or just limp. I usually play NL, so I am used to raising to try and isolate a the pot, but I have already figured out that is a lot more difficult lol. Thanks guys

Thanks for the responses guys they are very helpful, I can see what you're trying to say. So with a hand like this (7-7) is it very dependant on the make up of the table and my position as to whether I should raise or just limp. I usually play NL, so I am used to raising to try and isolate a the pot, but I have already figured out that is a lot more difficult lol. Thanks guys
Definitely. The way I see it, with a hand like 77 on a typical micro-stakes table I'm looking to get it multi-way and flop a set.If you're in late position and everyone's folded to you however it's worth raising just to steal the blinds or bet a safe flop. I don't know if I've got the right way of thinking about it, but I think it's plausible.
If I'm first in the pot I raise most of the time.....if there is one limper I usually limp unless table is really tight (not often the case), more than one limper limp every time.........