I have been running well this month and find myself in with a chance of making top 100 in the monthly TLB (thinly disguised brag) so I can go into that freeroll, win the pasport thing, quit my job, TP/MM, etc. I have been trying to figure out what tournaments I should be concentrating on. I can only find generic info and can't really make sense of the formula for TLBs. Does anyone have any tips? Is is more the buy-in or the number of runners that is relevant? I am using $12 turbo 180s to make sure i have 20 decent scores (150 +). I read somewhere that rebuys are good - is this right?Anyway all advise much appreicated.

I have been running well this month and find myself in with a chance of making top 100 in the monthly TLB (thinly disguised brag) so I can go into that freeroll, win the pasport thing, quit my job, TP/MM, etc. I have been trying to figure out what tournaments I should be concentrating on. I can only find generic info and can't really make sense of the formula for TLBs. Does anyone have any tips? Is is more the buy-in or the number of runners that is relevant? I am using $12 turbo 180s to make sure i have 20 decent scores (150 +). I read somewhere that rebuys are good - is this right?Anyway all advise much appreicated.
I think you would need 20 firsts to make the top 100. I'm too lazy to install excel, so I can't confirm. Rebuys are good because they have large fields, and are relatively easy to go deep in. I'm too bad at math to determine simply by looking at the formula which helps more, field size or buyin. The information is here, if anyone else wants to chime in.

I find the $12 180 man turbos a great tourney...I have been doing really well in them, and they only take just over an hour to play...yes they are turbo, but the play is brutal

I think you would need 20 firsts to make the top 100. I'm too lazy to install excel, so I can't confirm. Rebuys are good because they have large fields, and are relatively easy to go deep in. I'm too bad at math to determine simply by looking at the formula which helps more, field size or buyin. The information is here, if anyone else wants to chime in.
Yeah I am pretty sure you are right - 20 1sts in $12 180s would do it. I have FT probably 10 500+ man MTTs so far this month, so I am just using the 180s to pad out the scores.I think 4300 points will do it. I was just trying to figure out whether it would be worth playing any lower buy-in, massive field events ($3 & $5 rebuys, etc)
Yeah I am pretty sure you are right - 20 1sts in $12 180s would do it. I have FT probably 10 500+ man MTTs so far this month, so I am just using the 180s to pad out the scores.I think 4300 points will do it. I was just trying to figure out whether it would be worth playing any lower buy-in, massive field events ($3 & $5 rebuys, etc)
Last month 3800 pts was good, and seems to be about the same so far this month. But, I have no idea how much you get from any given finish, cause i don't want to install excel.