pacific poker 250k freeroll?

I got an email from Pacific Poker today saying...As a Pacific Poker member, you're very special to us so we have an EXTRA special offer for you!YOU will be playing FREE this Saturday, April 30 at 18:00 (PPT) for a $250,000 prize pool courtesy of Pacific Poker!Yes! As one of our most valued members, we have now registered, entered and paid the direct buy-in fee of $110 allowing YOU to play in this amazing tournament for FREE!What's more, you have at least a 1 in 10 chance of winning a share!All you have to do to take advantage of this ONE-TIME ONLY offer is send an email to grandstand@pacificpoker.com with 'I WANT TO PLAY!' in the subject line.(Please note, this money CANNOT be cashed out as you will be automatically registered for the Pacific Poker $250,000 GrandStand tournament on April 30).If you do NOT reply before Saturday, April 30 at 13:00 (Pacific Poker Time) your registration will automatically be cancelled.Anyone else seen this? Am I really special? Are they desperate to fill spots so their big tourney looks like it was popular? I've played there for almost 3 years (yes, i mainly play at "better" sites now), but I gotta say this is a nice gesture if legit. Do other sites make a habit of these types of freerolls?

This is what I got:

After all the excitement of our BIG MARCH POKER BLITZ which culminated in our $1 MILLION DOLLAR Tournament, the fun hasn't ended there!Pacific Poker is inviting you, as one of our most valued players, to make a 'GrandStand' finish to April - worth $250K!Yes, on Saturday, April 30 at 18:00 (PPT) we'll be guaranteeing a $250,000 prize pool and what's more, you have at least a 1 in 10 chance of winning a share, so join NOW!Sub-satellites start from just $1 + $0.10 or buy-in direct for only $100 + $10! For full details visit (http://playersclub.pacificpoker.com) or login into your Pacific Poker account and click on the 'GrandStand' tab in the lobby.So forget General Custer - this is one last stand you can win!And remember, if you have any queries you can get in touch with us toll-free from the US and Canada on 1-800-480-5186 or + (350) 43703 for toll calls from all other countries. You can also email us at support@pacificpoker.com See you there, Joseph!!
Guess they like you more than me. I've played exclusively there for over a year. I may fire them off an email complaining and point out how much the total value of all my pots equals.
This is what I got:
After all the excitement of our BIG MARCH POKER BLITZ which culminated in our $1 MILLION DOLLAR Tournament, the fun hasn't ended there!Pacific Poker is inviting you, as one of our most valued players, to make a 'GrandStand' finish to April - worth $250K!Yes, on Saturday, April 30 at 18:00 (PPT) we'll be guaranteeing a $250,000 prize pool and what's more, you have at least a 1 in 10 chance of winning a share, so join NOW!Sub-satellites start from just $1 + $0.10 or buy-in direct for only $100 + $10! For full details visit (http://playersclub.pacificpoker.com) or login into your Pacific Poker account and click on the 'GrandStand' tab in the lobby.So forget General Custer - this is one last stand you can win!And remember, if you have any queries you can get in touch with us toll-free from the US and Canada on 1-800-480-5186 or + (350) 43703 for toll calls from all other countries. You can also email us at support@pacificpoker.com See you there, Joseph!!
Guess they like you more than me. I've played exclusively there for over a year. I may fire them off an email complaining and point out how much the total value of all my pots equals.
i received the same email as you

To the OP: Will anything bad come from sending an email like that to that address? You're not giving away personal information, so the worst that happens is that it bounces, isn't it?

Somebody please explain this to me in regards to pacific poker's $250,000 grandstand tournament. Tonights $2.20+20 sub satellite #3274099 gives people who finish 1-21 a seat into the $10+1 satellite#3180218. The trouble is that tournament went off about 4 hrs earlier. In other words you win a seat to a tournament that has already taken place! They are running numerous satellites to the 250k tournament(4/30 18:00 pacific poker time) after the big tournament is over! WTF!! Please explain because PP can only say that support is looking at it! Am i just stupid or does something not smell right here?

To the OP: Will anything bad come from sending an email like that to that address? You're not giving away personal information, so the worst that happens is that it bounces, isn't it?
Not sure that I understand your question, but I sent them an email saying I want to play.

As I kind of expected, my freeroll didn't quite work out. Here is an update....Dear Member,Please be informed that due to the overwhelming response to our offer we havebeen unable to secure your seat in the Grandstand Tournament.As compensation, we will be hosting a restricted tournament on Sunday 1st May at16:00 hrs Pacific Poker Time with a guaranteed prize pool of $20,000, which youwill be registered in. Please check the Multi Table tab for tournament id: 3309348. Here you will findthe details for the restricted tournament. I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you for your understanding in thismatter.Sincerely,Mike HereaPromotions Department ManagerPacific Pokerwww.888.comOh well. Freeroll into 20k tourney is nothing to sneeze at I guess.