Doyle's Hand - Last Night's Hsp

He also had top pair, decent kicker, a redraw if he was outkicked, and playing Guy - a player who has shown to be a bit looser than many for the amount of money going in the middle.

Similar hand at low stakesI wouldn't say he's embarrassed, just resigned to defeat.

It was interesting because if they were being honest I bet you'd find that:- Guy thought he had the best hand- Doyle thought he had the worse hand but enough of a drawI think Doyle's call was motivated by frustration but also the desire to prove he wouldn't be pushed around. Finding out that Jamie accidentally bluffed him off the best hand would encourage both.

I can't believe how fast doyle re-pushed though. Guy's raises were getting respect, and rightfully so, as he had the cards to back it up each time. And on top of that Guy showed his monsters that he was raising with almost each time. Doyle had to have picked up something from Guy when he raised $200k. Maybe it was because Guy turned his head to Doyle and insta-stared at him after he made the raise.

It was interesting because if they were being honest I bet you'd find that:- Guy thought he had the best hand- Doyle thought he had the worse hand but enough of a drawI think Doyle's call was motivated by frustration but also the desire to prove he wouldn't be pushed around. Finding out that Jamie accidentally bluffed him off the best hand would encourage both.
Listen, I agree that Guy is donkish, his raises make him miss so much value it isnt even funny. But he can't be that bad. He's had plenty of chances to lose his money to the big players and to learn from it. For him to think he had the best hand in that spot is the type of thinking you get from people who have only been playing 1-2 months. Unless the big players have kept him in the dark about proper strategy the entire time they were cleaning him out in the big game.
I can't believe how fast doyle re-pushed though. Guy's raises were getting respect, and rightfully so, as he had the cards to back it up each time. And on top of that Guy showed his monsters that he was raising with almost each time. Doyle had to have picked up something from Guy when he raised $200k. Maybe it was because Guy turned his head to Doyle and insta-stared at him after he made the raise.
I disagree. I think he made the call primarily on the pot odds. He thinks he probably has to catch.Assuming the last 30k goes in, the pot is laying him (557100+30000)/250000 = 2.3 : 1
Board: Ac Js 4d 2dDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 	      pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 31.818%  31.82% 00.00% 	            14 	        0.00   { AdTd }Hand 1: 68.182%  68.18% 00.00% 	            30 	        0.00   { As4h }

He's only a 2.1 : 1 dog against two pair. Guy can have a set, but he probably doesn't have a better two pair. Plus there is of course some chance that his hand is good already.

I disagree. I think he made the call primarily on the pot odds. He thinks he probably has to catch.Assuming the last 30k goes in, the pot is laying him (557100+30000)/250000 = 2.3 : 1
Board: Ac Js 4d 2dDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 	      pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 31.818%  31.82% 00.00% 	            14 	        0.00   { AdTd }Hand 1: 68.182%  68.18% 00.00% 	            30 	        0.00   { As4h }

He's only a 2.1 : 1 dog against two pair. Guy can have a set, but he probably doesn't have a better two pair. Plus there is of course some chance that his hand is good already.

This may be the case but he certainly didn't think about it. He just put the money in.
This may be the case but he certainly didn't think about it. He just put the money in.
That's what i'm talking about. The insta-push. Of couse, doyle could have been calculating this way way before guy even made the raise, but he'd have to know that guy was going to raise some big amount. Now i'm convinced Guy gave off a tell. And it seems to be more of doyle's style - acting off instinct. And the instinct had to be swayed by something Guy did.
Now i'm convinced Guy gave off a tell. And it seems to be more of doyle's style - acting off instinct. And the instinct had to be swayed by something Guy did.
50 years at the highest stakes gives you that instinct by the looks of things...
I'll grant you he didn't do the arithmetic to this precision, but I guarantee you he pushed expecting to have to catch. He knows the bet is for less than the pot-size and he probably has 12 outs. It has absolutely nothing to do with physical tells.