Interesting Aj Hand Deep In $3r

At this point the average stack is around 300k and there are 3 or 4 tables left.Hero raises to 32k with 275k behind and blinds at 6/12k from MP2 with AJoBB who has been semi-active with his big stack (around 1M) smooth calls.The flop is 566 rainbow and he leads out for 32k. The way the hand played out I raised to 94k, he shoved and I folded with 180k behind.Standard line?

Thing about the move is this.... He raised to just 32k which seems small and could suggest that he had the goods and perhaps a semi-made hand along the lines of 99- JJ all very good hands late in tournaments. With a hand like A J there are so many hands that can beat you maybe the move wasn't fully thought through. If he has already raised it to 32k and you merely call you are suggesting that your hand is good but not that good, perhaps somthing along the lines of what you had. So when a flop such as 566 rainbow comes out he wants to make a move before you are givin the oppurtunity to draw out on him. He could be sitting on somthing like 99 or another over pair, and not wanting you to see more cards and clearly not believing you had a 6 given the call pre flop he pushes all-in which is the best move at the time. I agree with your call preflop given your odds and decent hand, but the raise after the flop not so much, best bet might be to check a flop like that because he likely knows that if you really did have a real good hand, you would continue to let him bet and merely take his money.Just thoughts , alot easier to comment when your not in the hand

Thing about the move is this.... He raised to just 32k which seems small and could suggest that he had the goods and perhaps a semi-made hand along the lines of 99- JJ all very good hands late in tournaments. With a hand like A J there are so many hands that can beat you maybe the move wasn't fully thought through. If he has already raised it to 32k and you merely call you are suggesting that your hand is good but not that good, perhaps somthing along the lines of what you had. So when a flop such as 566 rainbow comes out he wants to make a move before you are givin the oppurtunity to draw out on him. He could be sitting on somthing like 99 or another over pair, and not wanting you to see more cards and clearly not believing you had a 6 given the call pre flop he pushes all-in which is the best move at the time. I agree with your call preflop given your odds and decent hand, but the raise after the flop not so much, best bet might be to check a flop like that because he likely knows that if you really did have a real good hand, you would continue to let him bet and merely take his money.Just thoughts , alot easier to comment when your not in the hand

Ummm....I think you made your point.:D:club:
lol seriously.I think I probably dump it here w/ just AJ high. You've hit nothing, and someone lead out... Your stack is definitely in trouble, but I don't think we should risk a good percentage of our stack raising a huge chip-leader with just Ace high. I might call to see if he continues betting on the turn... and lay it down to more aggression U/I.

I would fold to his bet.There's definitely a chance that he's looked at the flop texture and bet with air thinking that you haven't hit it either, but a lot of pocket pairs think they're good here and i don't wanna get raised or even called.But you make too many final tables, so i would say your line is the best one.

I made the original raise to 32k and then he led the flop for 32k. So I think your line of reasoning and all 3 posts are a bit off lol.

Well he overshoved on top of my raise, I timebanked and folded, more confused than anything.He shows Q8.Poker gods rewarded my shitty fold by giving me AA the next hand and nearly tripling me up though lol

Well he overshoved on top of my raise, I timebanked and folded, more confused than anything.He shows Q8.Poker gods rewarded my shitty fold by giving me AA the next hand and nearly tripling me up though lol
You can't stack off with AJ there. It was a good fold. His play was suicidal IMO unless he had some sort of read on your betting patterns.

The BB played it well imo, he recognised Goldy's play for what it was and trusted his instinct, he knows you can't call with A high in that spot, and as he was in the BB he could definitely make some higher pairs fold.

The BB played it terribly imo, he ignored Goldy's play appearing strong, he thinks you probably won't call with A high in that spot but you can (and will) call with 99+ having invested 40% of your stack.
FYP (IMO).He's called preflop with Q8, and then 3-bet shoved against a guy in mid position (not even late position) that raised preflop and raised the flop. Goldy has played his hand exactly as he would with any high pair, but would often (usually) fold unpaired cards on the flop to that bet.