How Should Have Villian Played His Hand?

table is being very weak passive so im raising it up a bit more than normal preflop and c betting every flop. i think he views me as liking to push people off hands. he has never seen me double or triple barrel bluff. he might not put it past me. if he has pt my stats look something like 22/9.6/3 over about 300 hands. after i bet the river, which i did instantly, i said "this hand is going to haunt you when you try to sleep tonight". i said this because he took so long to call the turn that i knew what he had and was trying to coax a call out of him. on a side note, what do you think about saying this? i think it makes me look like i want him to call, and he is going to think "he is acting like he wants me to call to get me to fold so im calling". i really hate his spot here. Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.508 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $42.10UTG+1: $19.75Hero: $70MP2: $13.90CO: $22Button: $65.30SB: $48.45BB: $34.20Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with J :) A :club: J :) 8 :D2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, 2 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.Flop: J :D 3 :D 6 :D ($4.25, 2 players)Hero bets $3.5, Button calls.Turn: 9 :icon_dance: ($11.25, 2 players)Hero bets $11.25, Button calls.River: K :) ($33.75, 2 players)Hero bets $33.75, Button calls.Results:Final pot: $101.25Hero showed Js Ad Jh 8dButton mucks 3c Kd 5d Ac

if i'm him i miniraise/fold the flop. but in order to have that work properly, i also miniraise the nuts on the flop in his spot. you can't 3bet without the nuts or a well thought out Ad bluff, so it should define where he's at pretty well.

I like a call/call/fold river line since it's the only real way to get value from worse hands. Throwing in a raise at any point will fold out <Q high flushes. On the river most villains won't be 3 barrelling a 3rd nut or worse hand for full pot.

The real beauty in this hand is the fact that the low draw didn't get there which gives you far, far less credibility for having the nut flush. Don't kid yourself, the possibility of a busted-low + weak flush is likely what got you paid here.

The real beauty in this hand is the fact that the low draw didn't get there which gives you far, far less credibility for having the nut flush. Don't kid yourself, the possibility of a busted-low + weak flush is likely what got you paid here.
damn right thats the beauty of it. if a low had come we would have split and i would have punched my monitor again. i do that sometimes and my hand always hurts for like two days afterwards. one of these days im going to break a bone or the glass. no i think i got paid because while he isn't all that bad he had absolutely no idea what to do in this spot. and neither would i if i was him which was why i posted it. i like both checkys idea and kornholios idea depending on who im playing against.
damn right thats the beauty of it. if a low had come we would have split and i would have punched my monitor again. i do that sometimes and my hand always hurts for like two days afterwards. one of these days im going to break a bone or the glass.
I slam my hand on my desk, which a. ) doesn't hurt nearly as bad, and b. ) makes a really loud, satisfying noise (open-handed).. But I only do that when I'm 99% freerolling both sides and get 4 outed for a scoop the other way. getting hit with a split pot happens way too often for me to get too angry about.
  • 3 weeks later...
Are you doing that on the turn or on the river??? Maybe on the flop?Lol
to turn a joke into a serious discusion.....against me i would say he should call my turn bet and do it when i blast the river. against most players he should call thier flop bet and then do it if they bet the turn.
villain should pot the flop IMO and fold to a 3bet.how is this even close unless you always run dry ace bluffs with naked lows? in which case i'm willing to play for stacks.
i do but he doesn't know that (but now anybody reading this who plays with me does :club: )