There Is Idiocy, And Then There Is Mental Retardation

OK, 10 euro 10-player sit and go, Virgin Poker (pretty good site actually). Down to the last 3, I am dealt 8-7 suited, limp in on the small blind. Blinds 200/400. Flop 8-10-10. I do a feeler bet of 1000. Am called after some apparent hesitation (already established villian too stupid to do a 'bluff pause'). Turn brings 9, giving me a straight draw to go with bottom pair. I fire all-in for 2400, on the basis that my opponent seemed weak and the chances are the 9 didn't help, and even if it did I have outs. Villian thinks for ages then eventually calls...with A-Q!!!???!!!???!! OK, the guy's a total spacker, but I've still made a good play to double up.River: A. I'm out of the tournament. And why? Because I had the misfortune to run into a baboon that had run away with a human being's computer. No, hang on - baboons have IQs in double-figures. What on earth did he think I had?! What on earth did he think HE had?! How does a moron like that even have money to play with?! A-Q. Ace-F$%^ing-Queen!!!!!Sorry to rant - but know what I mean?

Best rant ever !!!!!!!!!! lol
Yes it sucks that you had him to 10 outs on the river and hit, but take a step back, collect yourself, and sign up for another one. (3rd paid right?)I suppose Villan could be thinking that you have a worse Ace and maybe he's trying to pick off a bluff with his AQ. I've actually seen alot of this as the Villan really should have raised pre-flop, but maybe decided to trap you? And then, realizing his mistake after the flop, is steaming/tilting because he didn't and is relying on the fact that he knows he had the best hand pre-flop and is I guess trying to outplay you to make up for it.Oh well, tough beat though.

yeah, I hate when people call off their money bad to me.If you're anything like me, you would have felt better if he flipped a 10. I'm with ya brother, I'm with ya.dummy

I suppose Villan could be thinking that you have a worse Ace and maybe he's trying to pick off a bluff with his AQ. I've actually seen alot of this as the Villan really should have raised pre-flop, but maybe decided to trap you? And then, realizing his mistake after the flop, is steaming/tilting because he didn't and is relying on the fact that he knows he had the best hand pre-flop and is I guess trying to outplay you to make up for it.
Quite a generous reading that - this guy was just one of those ridiculously inept players that will bust out in 10th most times but, very occasionally, get massive chip stacks as a direct result of not knowing what they're doing and calling down bluffs with king high. Another example from the same player - in a different hand, I was quite short-stacked and limped in with A-8, deciding to make a desperation push if an ace flopped. The board duly came 2-A-6 and this guy called me - for 600 or something - with Queen high! Fortunately the turn brought an Ace that time. Oh and on another hand he called me with 7 high on a board of K-3-Q. Never seen anything like it - and yet he still went on to finish in the top 2. Amazing.
  • 2 weeks later...
River: A. I'm out of the tournament. And why? Because I had the misfortune to run into a baboon that had run away with a human being's computer. No, hang on - baboons have IQs in double-figures. What on earth did he think I had?! What on earth did he think HE had?! How does a moron like that even have money to play with?! A-Q. Ace-F$%^ing-Queen!!!!!Sorry to rant - but know what I mean?
Lmao And the award for rant of the year goes to... :club:
Quite a generous reading that - this guy was just one of those ridiculously inept players that will bust out in 10th most times but, very occasionally, get massive chip stacks as a direct result of not knowing what they're doing and calling down bluffs with king high. Another example from the same player - in a different hand, I was quite short-stacked and limped in with A-8, deciding to make a desperation push if an ace flopped. The board duly came 2-A-6 and this guy called me - for 600 or something - with Queen high! Fortunately the turn brought an Ace that time. Oh and on another hand he called me with 7 high on a board of K-3-Q. Never seen anything like it - and yet he still went on to finish in the top 2. Amazing.
Oh, well I didn't see any of that and you would know so ya, that sucks. I know the type. I got bubbled out of a 150$ 6handed turbo sng by a complete drunk-maniac simply moving in every hand.