The beginners guide to pot odds:Pre-flop:Don't worry about it, because there's too much dynamic stuff to worry about. On the flop:You have 4 to the flush. If there is $4 in the pot, and it costs you $1 to call, you can see the next card. If you think you can see the turn and the river both for $1, there only needs to be $2 in the pot. If you think it will cost you $1 on the turn and $1 on the river, there needs to be $6 in the pot to call. This excludes the extra amount other players will add. If there are more players who are likely to put money in, you have some leeway, but remember that they may also make it more expensive with a raise. Balance those out.The odds of hitting your OESD is only slightly worse than the flush.If you have an OESD AND a flush draw AND at least one over card, there is a good chance you are a favorite to win the hand. Bet.On the turn: Similar to the flop, except use only the "next card" calculation.On the river:You just have to know if you are ahead or behind. Pot odds only relate to "I think I'm behind 60% of the time here, but I'm getting 3:1...". If it costs you $1 to take a stab at a $15 pot, it is almost always worth it unless you have total junk.NOTE: These numbers are not strictly accurate, because it doesn't account for game dynamics of whether you will get paid off by others, etc, but they are close enough for beginners to use. Most of what you should be worrying about is "am I ahead or behind right now." If you are getting that decision wrong most of the time (review hand histories frequently) then all the pot odds in the world won't help you. Once you can decide if you are ahead or behind, then pot odds help you refine your decision.