River Call???Okay villian is deeply stack and I'm not sure how he acquired it all. I realize after reviewing this hand I should have raised more pre-flop to maybe 4 -6 to make it a bad call if he chooses to play. Any two cards are good if he can flop a monster on me if I have a big hand. From watching him since I just sat down he's calling raises to snap people off since he is deeply stack which makes sense.What's your play on this river...call, fold??Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.508 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $48.75UTG+1: $17.55MP1: $22.05MP2: $16.55CO: $64.80Hero: $49.25SB: $24.50BB: $174.30Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with :D:)4 folds, Hero raises to $2, SB folds, BB calls.Flop: :D :D :club: ($4.25, 3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $4, BB calls.Turn: :) ($12.25, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: :D ($12.25, 3 players)BB bets $12.25, Results:Final pot: $36.75

Preflop is fine. Flop is fine. You really need to bet the turn. Too many draws and there's no reason to be scared of the 6. As played, call the river.
Okay 2 scenarios if I continuation bet the turn1) your play on a check raise by villian??2) a smooth call on the turn and bet into you on the river??
Okay 2 scenarios if I continuation bet the turn1) your play on a check raise by villian??2) a smooth call on the turn and bet into you on the river??
1) It depends on the villain. You mentioned that he's loose, but if he's LAG I would probably shove against a check raise. If he's more passive though then, depending on the size of the raise you may want to slow down and perhaps think about letting it go. 2) Call.
I realize after reviewing this hand I should have raised more pre-flop to maybe 4 -6 to make it a bad call if he chooses to play.
No I don't agree. As others stated pf is fine. We need to keep our raises at 3-4 BBs without limpers. I understand ur thinking here and yes as poker players we want villians to make errors that is how we make our money. I think ur hooked on the big stack of the villian but its irrelevant imo.

If you bet the turn, it's much more likely you can check behind on the river if the board gets scary. Otherwise you're facing a river bluff occasionally and then you have to pay him off if actually has something. Call the river. blah.

Thanks for all the input....Villian actually turned another 6 on me.So I guess in a way I saved a little money. For sure if I bet the turn he re-raises me and I'm put in a tuff spot to call or fold. If I call I'm forced to call the river depending on his bet. If he smooth calls and bets into me I'm forced into the same thing. I definitly don't shove here being it was a bb call.I probably should have bet the turn and see how things unfolded. Since this is a BB call from a deeper stack I definitley don't want to overplay my hand since it's a different situation when you get a call from someone in middle/late position. He could have bet on the river with A10, k10, J10 or whatever. That is the reason for me wanting to raise a little higher pre-flop for a player who is deep stack like this. My reasoning behind this is if Hero has a big hand and Villian can flop a monster he can stack me if I overplay my hand and if he doesn't hit he can easily fold without much damage. Now granted I'm giving lag player credit for knowing how to play with his deep stack so maybe I'm giving him too much credit and the bigger raise makes no difference since I obviously would like one caller with AA and I carry a good post flop game. WIth a wider calling range with the purpose of being able to stack someone by hitting a monster. Maybe I"m wrong in thinking this way with this particular situation. But the way I played I feel there's no real needed to over play it. They are just Aces.

Thanks for all the input....Villian actually turned another 6 on me.So I guess in a way I saved a little money. For sure if I bet the turn he re-raises me and I'm put in a tuff spot to call or fold. If I call I'm forced to call the river depending on his bet. If he smooth calls and bets into me I'm forced into the same thing. I definitly don't shove here being it was a bb call.I probably should have bet the turn and see how things unfolded. Since this is a BB call from a deeper stack I definitley don't want to overplay my hand since it's a different situation when you get a call from someone in middle/late position. He could have bet on the river with A10, k10, J10 or whatever. That is the reason for me wanting to raise a little higher pre-flop for a player who is deep stack like this. My reasoning behind this is if Hero has a big hand and Villian can flop a monster he can stack me if I overplay my hand and if he doesn't hit he can easily fold without much damage. Now granted I'm giving lag player credit for knowing how to play with his deep stack so maybe I'm giving him too much credit and the bigger raise makes no difference since I obviously would like one caller with AA and I carry a good post flop game. WIth a wider calling range with the purpose of being able to stack someone by hitting a monster. Maybe I"m wrong in thinking this way with this particular situation. But the way I played I feel there's no real needed to over play it. They are just Aces.
Increasing your preflop opening bet with aces and kings is generally a bad idea. I look for people who do this when I'm holding any pocket pair, because, if the stacks are correct, I'll set mine and take a shot at stacking them.
Also, just because HE has a big stack he isn't correct to call and chase with ATC because YOU don't have a big stack. Unless you and your opponent are both deep (i.e implied odds) then the whole idea of "big stack" is irrelevant really. Its more of a tournament strategy than anything else. People are so afraid of big stacks who are loose. I don't get it. I love it. Just some minor strategy adjustments and they become my ATM.
Also, just because HE has a big stack he isn't correct to call and chase with ATC because YOU don't have a big stack. Unless you and your opponent are both deep (i.e implied odds) then the whole idea of "big stack" is irrelevant really. Its more of a tournament strategy than anything else. People are so afraid of big stacks who are loose. I don't get it. I love it. Just some minor strategy adjustments and they become my ATM.
For me personally it's not a matter of being scared, it's just a matter of being aware of your opponent and how he plays with a stack that more than 100 times the bb. Goes for the same on how a player with a smaller stack plays the rest of the chips. Is he tight when he's deep or is he loose with it. And you are right when you said just some minor stratetegy adjustments and he does become an ATM. But your point is well taken. Another thing to consider he isn't correct to call with A10 but he called with 4,6o in the bb which is an incorrect call to make either way. But I would rather have 4-6 and then a,10 depending on the flop. My stack is about 100bb so it's deep enough relative to the buy in. I agree though that a bigger raise pre-flop doesn't mean anything.