Tptk - Am I Missing Value Here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)SB ($1.45)BB ($10.75)UTG ($5.85)MP ($3.95)Hero ($9.80)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :) , T :) . 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, MP calls $0.30.Flop: ($0.95) T :D , 8 :D , 4 :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $0.7, MP calls $0.70.Turn: ($2.35) 3 :D(2 players)MP checks, Hero checks.River: ($2.35) 5 :club:(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $0.6, MP calls $0.60.Final Pot: $3.55No read on villain. Am I missing value here on the turn and river? River I was just trying to squeeze a few more cents out of him without scaring him away. Was unsure whether or not to bet the turn. Bad idea to give a potential free card away?

I bet the turn to get more info. If you check, yeah you get a free card, but what card can save you if he already has the flush? Find out if he has it or not.His check on the river, you definately have to bet at. He has been showing weakness the whole way through, bet at him. Mabye he cant get away from his A8 sooted.

No read on villain. Am I missing value here on the turn and river? River I was just trying to squeeze a few more cents out of him without scaring him away. Was unsure whether or not to bet the turn. Bad idea to give a potential free card away?
Please don't check this turn. You'll find out more about where you stand if you bet and you won't have to scramble to get value on the river.

I agree, checking the turn was a bad idea, not only because you didn't find out where you were but also if another heart came on the river you open yourself up to be drawed out on

Betting scare cards can be a very profitable endeavour. In this instance, playing the "I'm bluffing" card is an excellent way to string him along for the ride if he's got an ace rag or a mid pair.Please consider your line. You set him up with the classic "Fire a bullet, check, Fire a bullet" play, screaming at full volume that you are full of hot air. You need to occasionally fire an almost pot-sized bet on this kind of river, because not only can it get called, it will make stealing easier for you in later hands. Gosh, that sounded so smart, I'm surprised it came from me.. :club:

An important point on this hand is that the villain is short-stacked. He's only got like 40 bbs to start. Since you flopped tptk, you might as well try to stack him. Bet the turn.As played, bet like $2 on the river. Most likely he'll either fold or push for the 60 cents or whatever it is he has left. If the villain were deeper, checking the turn for pot control, and then firing a decent bet on the river (maybe like 2/3 of the pot) would be my line.

An important point on this hand is that the villain is short-stacked. He's only got like 40 bbs to start. Since you flopped tptk, you might as well try to stack him. Bet the turn.As played, bet like $2 on the river. Most likely he'll either fold or push for the 60 cents or whatever it is he has left. If the villain were deeper, checking the turn for pot control, and then firing a decent bet on the river (maybe like 2/3 of the pot) would be my line.
I like. Didn't even consider the shortstacked angle until I looked at the hand after. Its probably something I'll need to unconscientiously pick up while multi tabling. Anyways, turned out he had K4o (lol). For some reason alarm bells were going off in my head on the turn, probably prematurely though. I really had no idea what he had on the river other than it was a hand I had beat. Thanks for all the responses.