3-6 Vs. 3-8 Spread Limit

I sometimes play a 3-6 limit game in town. I recently went on vacation, and found a 3-8 spread limit game. I'd never really played spread limit before, and so I really wasn't sure how best to play it differently.Any thoughts about how a 3-8 spread limit is significantly different than a 3-6?And also, does anybody in the Seattle area know where they spread a 3-8 spread limit game? Admittedly, I was pretty clueless, but it seemed like most of the other players tended to be more clueless than I was.

Here are my recomendations for playing a spread limit game:Always bet the maximum. Do not let the strength of your hand determine your bet size. This sort of game is full of valuable information. The weaker players will usually bet small with their draws, and the max with their made hands. Use this to your advantage when drawing. GL.Tell us how it goes?

I actually played a couple sessions there while on vacation, but didn't get a great feeling about whether I was playing most effectively.I did notice a few trends about this particular game in both sessions:(1) Players tended to limp a lot preflop. Raises preflop were almost always to $11. Most limpers would fold to a raise, but once the preflop raise was called once, nearly all the limpers would call also. I never saw a 3-bet preflop. (There was one player there the second session who almost always called the reraise, who happened to be seated three seats to my left.)(2) Tables were pretty passive postflop. I only saw one other player who would actually bet on any kind of draw (that I know of). It was also extremely rare to see continuation bets unless the PFR hit the flop.(3) Tables seemed to be pretty loose postflop as well. Players were calling down frequently with second pair, no kicker and calling all the way to the river with gutshots and flush draws.(4) I only once saw a hand with three bets postflop, and it went something like this:I'm UTG+1 and dealt two black kings. UTG limps (unknown, shown down three winners in eight hands), I raise to 11, folds to MP2 (loose passive) who calls, folds around to SB who calls off over two-thirds of his stack, as well as BB who calls off half of hers, and UTG (who has about $80 behind).Flop comes T-7-3 rainbow.SB open-shoves for $4, BB shoves for $9, and UTG insta-max-raises to $17.Probably means nothing with the SB and BB all-in. Sanity-checking here, but we raise this, right?* * *I was particularly interested in the idea of suited connectors in this kind of game. Normally, in a table this loose, you can limp the suited connectors knowing you'll likely get paid off if/when you hit. Part of the dynamic at a 3/6 table seems to be that you can often get a turn card for $3 with a table playing this way.But with the spread limit, a max bet of 8 reduces your drawing odds, right? I'm not sure that it reduces it enough, and maybe it increases your implied odds?I think I turned my brain off too much when I went on vacation and haven't been able to turn it back on. :club: