As a young man I was fortunate enough to have a friend who had a snooker table in the rec room. His father was a big fan and had the money to afford a house and several pool tables.We young, dumb teenagers played 8 ball on a snooker table. That's where I learned how to play pool. All I can say is...the table is huge, the rails curve into the pockets, and the balls are smaller.I have never learned to play snooker officially, but the skills I developed playing 8-ball on a snooker table have paid off many times over.Daniel, you need to get a snooker table in your new home....... MORE MONEY!!!!!

As a young man I was fortunate enough to have a friend who had a snooker table in the rec room. His father was a big fan and had the money to afford a house and several pool tables.We young, dumb teenagers played 8 ball on a snooker table. That's where I learned how to play pool. All I can say is...the table is huge, the rails curve into the pockets, and the balls are smaller.I have never learned to play snooker officially, but the skills I developed playing 8-ball on a snooker table have paid off many times over.Daniel, you need to get a snooker table in your new home....... MORE MONEY!!!!!
I play both, but snooker isn't as good a game to bet on as 9ball or even 8ball, plus for most amateurs the frames take too long and end up being really scrappy, stick to the 9ball ownage dn!
I play both, but snooker isn't as good a game to bet on as 9ball or even 8ball, plus for most amateurs the frames take too long and end up being really scrappy, stick to the 9ball ownage dn!
Snooker is much faster if you play 6 red rather than a full rack. Snooker is actually easier to make fair spots when you are betting since it's all based on points. So in a 6 red tournament, a guy who is a 12 handicap would spot a 20 handicap 8 points off the bat.
Every game mentioned so far is lame.If you want to bet big, play one pocket.
It's harder to match up with one pocket. The better player will pretty much always win and there's a big difference between a one and two ball spot. I can't imagine how stupid easy snooker would be with snooker sized balls on a regular 9' table. Did you at least have shims installed in the pockets?Using regulation sized balls on a 12' snooker table is whole different story. This is the only way Golf or rotation should be played.

i really wanted to make a snooker appreciation thread after the blogsnooker is by far better then 8-ball and 9-balli try to convert anyone that comes over to play it and usually dobought a table 2 years back and even though i knew a guy selling a sweet (full size) snooker table for $500 because he needed the roomhad to settle on getting a small 8 footer, it was all i had room forstill bought snooker balls.. made a mistake buying the 2 and 1/16" ballsso i don't really get enough action off the rails since they're meant for 2 and 1/4"but it's still fun none the lessdespite it being only an 8 foot we still use 15 ballstried but couldn't really get into using 10... can't imagine using only 6have a couple safe shots to start.. someone makes a mistake and the game is pretty much overseeing how much room you'd have (blacks should be pretty easy)and how few red/blacks you'd have to run before you have more points then is left on the table (only 5)few pictures of my get up(and yes the walls really need to be painted to something else)actually have a new snooker cue waiting for me at the post office (my first one), have 2 here now but ones my dad's and the other belongs to a friend

Snooker rules, 6 reds are the way to go for regular gamesUnless you are this guy
:club: Ho....lee....mole....eee....Disgusting.When I was a kid my uncle (a surgeon) had TWO pools tables at his house, a standard 9 ball, and then the "weird one with the little holes", lol. We used to pull the cover off and try like heck to make shots. It seemed impossible. STUPID TABLE! On a side note, we had a standard table in our basement growing up, and after a few years I got very good at it. I made some money in high school and during my time in the Air Force, but have not played much at all the past several years.But Snooker is a much tougher/technical game and I can totally appreciate what that guy just did. That video was just amazing to watch.
i really wanted to make a snooker appreciation thread after the blogsnooker is by far better then 8-ball and 9-balli try to convert anyone that comes over to play it and usually dobought a table 2 years back and even though i knew a guy selling a sweet (full size) snooker table for $500 because he needed the roomhad to settle on getting a small 8 footer, it was all i had room forstill bought snooker balls.. made a mistake buying the 2 and 1/16" ballsso i don't really get enough action off the rails since they're meant for 2 and 1/4"but it's still fun none the lessdespite it being only an 8 foot we still use 15 ballstried but couldn't really get into using 10... can't imagine using only 6have a couple safe shots to start.. someone makes a mistake and the game is pretty much overseeing how much room you'd have (blacks should be pretty easy)and how few red/blacks you'd have to run before you have more points then is left on the table (only 5)few pictures of my get up(and yes the walls really need to be painted to something else)actually have a new snooker cue waiting for me at the post office (my first one), have 2 here now but ones my dad's and the other belongs to a friend
Nice. Nice game room all around.What are all those plaques/awards on the wall for?

they're all my dads and they're for dartsit's the only thing you'll manage to find a league/tournament for herereally wish there was a pool league (or card tournaments) but i'm _really_ in the middle of nowhereso yeah, none of em mine, i play but it's not a game i excel at by any means

• 3 weeks later...

HI All,Its hardly fair comparing yourself with Ronnie O'Sullivan, he is the most naturally gifted cue man i have ever seen in any sport. In that video he makes a 147(maximum) break in about 5mins. He was only the third person to do it at the world championsips and it was worth around £250,000 for getting a maximum break and the tournament high break prize. If you ever get a chance you should track fown some videos of him playing 9ball in the Mosconi cup its just insane the guy never misses although he does struggle like all snooker players with the break and some of the tactical play involved which is always underplayed when people talk about 9ball.

HI All,Its hardly fair comparing yourself with Ronnie O'Sullivan, he is the most naturally gifted cue man i have ever seen in any sport. In that video he makes a 147(maximum) break in about 5mins. He was only the third person to do it at the world championsips and it was worth around £250,000 for getting a maximum break and the tournament high break prize. If you ever get a chance you should track fown some videos of him playing 9ball in the Mosconi cup its just insane the guy never misses although he does struggle like all snooker players with the break and some of the tactical play involved which is always underplayed when people talk about 9ball.
Lets get a few things clear here. Ronnie O'Sullivan is a total prat. His antics, moaning, constantly disrespecting his opponents and his 'I don't care' attitide are terrible for the game. He should have been banned when he walked out of a match (just because he was losing!) last year against Hendry.When he first came into the game, I was his biggest fan.. total breath of fresh air and amazing to watch. But now, he is actually proving detrimental to the game itself.Also, I disagree that he's the most naturally gifted cue man, especially if you're talking about ANY sport. Even just in snooker, Stephen Hendry, at his peak, was better.. no question. Yeah, Ronnie may be faster, but Hendry was flawless. He's also way behind Hendry, Davis and others in terms of tournament wins too.Sorry, but as a snooker fan and player since I was 6 years old, his act is now getting completely boring and over shadows what a talent he is.

OMG, no offense to snooker players but to call ronnie o'sullivan the most gifted cue man ever is a bit, well, over the top. Great snooker player, yes, but i would agree that Davis and maybe hendry were better. As an all around player, i think steve davis ranks right up there (he is one of my most favorite players to watch) but if you want to see a GREAT player, try watching Effren Reyes during his prime. He may be the most well rounded and talented billiards player of all time. (i'm terrible with spelling of names sry).

OMG, no offense to snooker players but to call ronnie o'sullivan the most gifted cue man ever is a bit, well, over the top. Great snooker player, yes, but i would agree that Davis and maybe hendry were better. As an all around player, i think steve davis ranks right up there (he is one of my most favorite players to watch) but if you want to see a GREAT player, try watching Effren Reyes during his prime. He may be the most well rounded and talented billiards player of all time. (i'm terrible with spelling of names sry).
QFTEven now, he is still one of the best players in the world. I doubt there is a person in the world that could compete with him in one pocket, especially when he was in his prime. There's a reason he's won the one pocket event at the DCC the past 5 out of 9 years.