Aa Against Super Tight Player

Hero is Button, been at table for ~4hrs, tight-agg table image, sitting $450.Villain is BB, been at table for as long as hero, played literally 3-4 hands during that time. Sitting $115 or so, seems competent for 1/2.Folded to Hero, who raises to $10 with Ac As.BB Calls.Flop: Jc 5s 5h ($21)BB checks, Hero bets $15, BB calls.Turn: 9d. ($51)BB checks, hero bets $40, BB raises to $90 and is all-in. Hero ???If anyone tries a different line, feel free to pipe up, but I'm more interested in fine-tuning my bet sizes and making a correct river decision.

You can't really fold so if he has you beat, then so be it. He could just have been getting really colddecked for the past few hours and finally has AJ and is going bananas. All that you can be really afraid of is JJ and 99 and for how much he has left, you're just going to have to lose it.

You can't really fold so if he has you beat, then so be it. He could just have been getting really colddecked for the past few hours and finally has AJ and is going bananas. All that you can be really afraid of is JJ and 99 and for how much he has left, you're just going to have to lose it.
agree 100%

call - you're basically pot committed hereonce you bet the turn you are playing for stacks - if you don't want to do that because for some reason you think you could be beat here then check behind on the turn and call/bet the river. although i don't think so - if the dude has only played 3-4 hands the entire time you've been here then i doubt he's in there with 5x. maybe a 99/JJ boat that's getting it AI now that you've committed. but a lot of times this is the tightwad with KK/QQ/AJ/KJ that's trying to maximize against what it thinks could easily just be a button steal.

Okay, I agree that it's a fairly easy call and that I'm pot committed (although, even getting better than 3:1, I'm not convinced it's an instacall). I'm a bit more interested in my turn bet size? Too much? Not enough? Check back?

Okay, I agree that it's a fairly easy call and that I'm pot committed (although, even getting better than 3:1, I'm not convinced it's an instacall). I'm a bit more interested in my turn bet size? Too much? Not enough? Check back?
look, with stack sizes the way they are, i don't think you're ever folding here against this board even against this dude. if he happens to have 99/JJ, you pay it off. so the bet size is really a minor detail because even if you get raised i still think you call. he has AJ/KJ or a worse overpair here a lot more than JJ/99 and if you don't bet you are straight up losing a ton of value against those hands.

Okay. Fair enough. Point was not to complain about a bad beat, just seems like I don't win enough in crying-call situations to justify making some of my calls, and was wonering about a potential leak. This was a recent stomach-drops-like-a-rock-on-the-river-raise situation that seemed indicative of the trend, but perhaps was a bad example.

If your gut is telling you anything other than an insta-call, then you need to drop poker and take up a less risky hobby. Er, like...knitting.J/K...wait, no I'm not...okay...yeah, J/K.
If your gut is telling you anything other than an insta-call, then you need to drop poker and take up a less risky hobby. Er, like...knitting.J/K...wait, no I'm not...okay...yeah, J/K.
Well, the gut said instacall, but the brain said "is he really coming over the top with AJ here? Does he flat-call pre-flop with QQ or KK?"