Final Table Strategy - Needing Help

Hey guys.I play a local tournament here in australia.My goal is to make it to the regional and state finals. I already have a chance at getting an aussie millions ticket in august.I have played 3 games and come 1st, 4th, 3rd and ranked 8th out of 166.This is my strategy.Play conservative let the big stacks fire it up and eliminate each other.Make it to the final table.Now this is where it gets difficult.Sure i have done well in the 3 games but i find with 9 people playing on the table and blinds going up that my downfall is not winning enough pots, i think i play 2-3 pots once on the final table and thats either with premium or all in hands.I think alright i got Q 9 il play dont hit flop il fold but majority of the time i dont play the hand due to me thinking someone else has a K or a A or pockets.So then i end up going all in with short stacks...What should i do.I need some advice.Thanks guys.

1. Read Harrington on Holdem2. ?????3. ProfitYour question is way too vague to be answered. You are asking for generic advice on how to win poker tournaments.Also, this should have been posted in the Tournament Strategy forum.

Hey guys.I play a local tournament here in australia.My goal is to make it to the regional and state finals. I already have a chance at getting an aussie millions ticket in august.I have played 3 games and come 1st, 4th, 3rd and ranked 8th out of 166.This is my strategy.Play conservative let the big stacks fire it up and eliminate each other.Make it to the final table.Now this is where it gets difficult.Sure i have done well in the 3 games but i find with 9 people playing on the table and blinds going up that my downfall is not winning enough pots, i think i play 2-3 pots once on the final table and thats either with premium or all in hands.I think alright i got Q 9 il play dont hit flop il fold but majority of the time i dont play the hand due to me thinking someone else has a K or a A or pockets.So then i end up going all in with short stacks...What should i do.I need some advice.Thanks guys.
Define "hitting a flop" with Q9.
Define "hitting a flop" with Q9.
J-10-8 rainbow, obv.... And let's not discount the opportunity to flop hidden quads.