Late in 3$+R (Still in it at time of post lol). Villain is solid player. Seen him make steal attempts, no resteals tho to this point. ~60 left at this point.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t16000 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t228846)MP2 (t257234)CO (t144714)Button (t563716)Hero (t237533)BB (t193113)UTG (t94520)UTG+1 (t18648)Preflop: Hero is SB with Adiamond.gif, 8heart.gif. 6 folds, Hero raises to t48000, BB raises to t192313, Hero ?

It's pretty close. You're not quite getting 2/1.. but, it is a blind battle and you may even be ahead here (KQs KJs).If he was a total rock, I'd probably fold, but you said you've seen him stealing so I'd most likely call.

I might raise less preflop, at this stage I don't think you need to raise as much as 3xBB necessarily to be effective. You say he hasn't re-stolen yet so I assume this is the first time he has repopped you out of the blinds. I fold, don't think we are beating much.

I might raise less preflop, at this stage I don't think you need to raise as much as 3xBB necessarily to be effective. You say he hasn't re-stolen yet so I assume this is the first time he has repopped you out of the blinds. I fold, don't think we are beating much.
I disagree with this, you dont want to raise then be stuck playing out of position and risk being outplayed post flop.This is a clear fold, unless you have been particularly active and think he is playing back at your aggression.
I disagree with this, you dont want to raise then be stuck playing out of position and risk being outplayed post flop.
Yeah but there's something to be said for defining your standard raise as 2.5x instead of 3x, but that's a different conversation.
This is a clear fold, unless you have been particularly active and think he is playing back at your aggression.
Agreed.