2009 Recap and a Look Ahead to 2010
My only real goal in tournament poker this year is to follow ALL of my rules for every single tournament that I enter. This will also mean trying to get to the European events a few days earlier so I can settle in and get my sleep schedule right. My rules are pretty simple:
1) No alcohol the night before play. (Going to add, no getting wasted two nights before either)
2) No socializing with people at parties or anything like that the night before
3) 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep
4) Unpack my bag as soon as I get to my hotel room and organize everything
5) Eat dinner alone in my room the night before the tournament If I can do ALL five of those things for every single event this year then I expect a really big year in tournament poker in 2010.
As for other goals, I’m going to ramp up the hours I’m putting into my bankroll challenge where I started with $10 and am trying to run it up to $100,000. I’m a huge underdog to get there with my aggressive game plan, but it’s a fun process. You can always keep up with my progress by checking this thread: Updates I’m currently up to $182.68 and am playing $0.10-0.$.25 no limit hold’em on PokerStars exclusively. I also plan on continuing to play the mixed games at Bobby’s Room when I’m home in Vegas, but it doesn’t look like I’ll be home too much over the next few months. I’m looking into getting a secondary place in LA, likely Manhattan beach area. I’m also planning a vacation sometime in either May or August. Completely unrelated to poker, which is a rarity for me. I’m looking at about a 10 day trip and I’m really excited about it. I really don’t take enough time away from the life I’ve become accustomed to and this trip will help me recharge my batteries after a grueling poker schedule. On Sunday I did a video blog which you can find here: Video Blog There are some really cute shots of Mushu in this blog and it covers a wider range of topics than this written one. Check it out.