Jcarver - Ftops 1k - Parts 1-3

Just watched the first three parts of the series and I'm delighted.Excellent commentary going through the whole thought process on all streets for all hands, and adding some "what ifs" based on what the opponent may do and his likely response. This is the type of content I expected when I joined.One slight concern is that he mentioned that he is unlikely to use the hand replayer a lot for future videos - this may mean less time to analyse situations in the detail of this video, which I think is of great benefit based on the three parts I've seen so far. Perhaps a bit of both may be good - some live and some replayer?Anyway, a fantastic addition to the team, and great to hear that regular releases are expected from him.I look forward to lots more.Well done Daniel and the PokerVT Team. :club::ts

Just watched the first three parts of the series and I'm delighted.Excellent commentary going through the whole thought process on all streets for all hands, and adding some "what ifs" based on what the opponent may do and his likely response. This is the type of content I expected when I joined.One slight concern is that he mentioned that he is unlikely to use the hand replayer a lot for future videos - this may mean less time to analyse situations in the detail of this video, which I think is of great benefit based on the three parts I've seen so far. Perhaps a bit of both may be good - some live and some replayer?Anyway, a fantastic addition to the team, and great to hear that regular releases are expected from him.I look forward to lots more.Well done Daniel and the PokerVT Team. :club::ts
Glad you liked it! I think my next few videos are of similar quality and I'm proud of how they came out.Although there are definitely some drawbacks to live recording, my third video may be the ideal solution for me. My second video is 90% live commentary, but my third is a hybrid style that I think will probably have the best compromise of pace and quality all the while seeing all the action replayed in real time. Once it's published, whenever that is, be sure to let me know your thoughts. In the long run, I'll be doing a mix just because I obviously can't record every table I play so there are times I'll be forced to use a replayer. I'll make it work by focusing my instruction on things that the HH+replayer combo is best suited for.

Fantastic Jason - I look forward to it. I thought the analysis of the situations was fantastic as it went through your thought process and also in many situations what you thought the other guy thought too - that's where real learning comes from. I did question your play with KK though!Great to see that you are taking an active part on PokerVT - exactly what we need.

Fantastic Jason - I look forward to it. I thought the analysis of the situations was fantastic as it went through your thought process and also in many situations what you thought the other guy thought too - that's where real learning comes from. I did question your play with KK though!Great to see that you are taking an active part on PokerVT - exactly what we need.
This is the place to ask me what you questioned so I can help explain my line to you! :club:

Cheers Jason. I liked the preflop play, flop and turn play. However, I think you missed a bet on the river - which you explained. I would have definitely bet out for 1/2 to 2/3 on the river for value as I'm fairly sure he is calling with a weaker hand - as he has done all through the hand. Anyway, you're the pro and I've probably played a tiny fraction of the number of hands you have played and bow to your better judgement - that's why I pay to watch and you teach!For the avoidance of doubt I totally agree with playing safe in the early stages in tournaments, but at the same time feel that it is important to take advantage of good situations.I've been on your blog today and am really looking forward to more from you.Best wishes.Craig

Cheers Jason. I liked the preflop play, flop and turn play. However, I think you missed a bet on the river - which you explained. I would have definitely bet out for 1/2 to 2/3 on the river for value as I'm fairly sure he is calling with a weaker hand - as he has done all through the hand. Anyway, you're the pro and I've probably played a tiny fraction of the number of hands you have played and bow to your better judgement - that's why I pay to watch and you teach!For the avoidance of doubt I totally agree with playing safe in the early stages in tournaments, but at the same time feel that it is important to take advantage of good situations.I've been on your blog today and am really looking forward to more from you.Best wishes.Craig
Hey Craig,Yeah, it's definitely an arguable bet on the river. Not knowing my opponent made me guess and lean towards the conservative side and just check (intending to call almost any bet, hoping he'd either value town himself or let him bluff, and preserving stack/reducing the damage I take if he was strong). It would have been a fine river bet though - as long as you bet/fold. If I had bet the river, my hopes are that he calls with 99,TT,QQ, that type of hand. If he were to raise my river bet (probably all-in), I'd fold. The hands I assume he'd shove with on the river for value are always greater than one pair, and it's tough to give an unknown player credit for having the ability to make a big river bluff here - and that's all I beat. I don't really mind c/c or b/f - as I said, had I known more about him I would have felt more confident about my decision. As long as you don't bet/call, I feel both betting and checking are +EV.Hope this helped.

Thanks Jason. Sound explanation which I fully understand and don't disagree with. You've no idea how good it is to have you on the team. Great vids and lots of interaction. Long may it continue!Keep up the good work!

Thanks Jason. Sound explanation which I fully understand and don't disagree with. You've no idea how good it is to have you on the team. Great vids and lots of interaction. Long may it continue!Keep up the good work!
I havent been on VT in bc i have been focusing on NL cash so I havent seen you vids JC. But in general for all the coaches it would be great if they explained what they thought peoples ranges were and how to exploit their range given board texture and player tendencies. Can't wait to start MTT's again and get back to PVT. Glad to see you added JC and I look forward to watching your vids

I've requested the rest of my FTOPS video to be released this week (I think all today), hope you guys enjoy it. Ask away as always, I do a bunch of weird things in these sections and I'm prepared to answer every question you guys have.

Great vids, that AK hand with 3 diamonds really looks he flopped a big flush if you look at is line. Bet/call, bet, bet. Or maybe he had AK with K of diamonds, either way thats a good fold on the river. Most small limit players would most likely make a hero call there, but theres no way he's bluffing.Is it just my computer or is 6/10 not working?

Great vids, that AK hand with 3 diamonds really looks he flopped a big flush if you look at is line. Bet/call, bet, bet. Or maybe he had AK with K of diamonds, either way thats a good fold on the river. Most small limit players would most likely make a hero call there, but theres no way he's bluffing.Is it just my computer or is 6/10 not working?
I'm having problems watching it too.

Hi JasonI've just watched the remaining seven parts. I thoroughly enjoyed the detailed analysis and look forward to more of the same.I find the detail and your thought process invaluable.I look forward to the next videos.Craig