• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for the first time today. Just started a thread myself, but we'll use yours. Good Luck.Oh, and got any advice for me?

I'm in for the first time today.  Just started a thread myself, but we'll use yours.  Good Luck.Oh, and got any advice for me?
Make sure you always have chips throughout the whole tournament...that one always works for me.
I'm in for the first time today.  Just started a thread myself, but we'll use yours.  Good Luck.Oh, and got any advice for me?
Make sure you always have chips throughout the whole tournament...that one always works for me.
Yeah, and don't go through a stretch for 15 minutes without winning a huge pot. You do that and you've got about 5BBs left.

Question for Zimmer and anyone else who's played this tournament multiple times. Is there a point at which the blinds become worth stealing? And is it safe to say that there is very little point in stealing the blinds in the first hour?

Question for Zimmer and anyone else who's played this tournament multiple times.  Is there a point at which the blinds become worth stealing?  And is it safe to say that there is very little point in stealing the blinds in the first hour?
There is little point in stealing the blinds early. However, it soon gets to the point where the blinds are too large to small, as a steal attempt basically committs yourself to the pot. It is a delicate balance.
For you guys that have any questions about stratagy or anything like that feel free to PM me with questions. I'm only playing these tourney's today and I could use something else to do :club:
Could always go to the Tournament Play strategy section, too...

I don't know what the hell just happened but I had flopped an open ended str8 flush draw and bet, then it seemed to take a long time and when i clicked on the screen it skipped the turn and had called an all in so now I have 2600 but i don't know why.

I'd worked my way up to 2k when the following happened. One limper with a 3k stack and I raise to 100 with 99. Only the limper calls. Flop come T83 with 2 spades, he checks I bet 130 into the 230 pot and he calls. Turn is a blank, I bet 250 and he calls again. River Ten of spades, he pushes all-in and I fold. Back down to around 1500.

For you guys that have any questions about stratagy or anything like that feel free to PM me with questions. I'm only playing these tourney's today and I could use something else to do :club:
Could always go to the Tournament Play strategy section, too...
Or if you run really fast you might be able to get down to Barnes and Noble and buy HOH Volume I and II.

Well, just blew most of my stack when I limped with QTs and flopped top two pair on a board of QT8 all spades, UTG bet, I raised and the BB moved all-in for about 600 more. I figured his most likely hand was something like top pair with a spade draw and called. He had J9, I'm a donkey and down to 340.

Well, just blew most of my stack when I limped with QTs and flopped top two pair on a board of QT8 all spades, UTG bet, I raised and the BB moved all-in for about 600 more.  I figured his most likely hand was something like top pair with a spade draw and called.  He had J9, I'm a donkey and down to 340.
Not the worst play, too bad you couldn't fill up.