first hand posted here,

Sorry I didn't use the Bison converter, I just can't get it to work with Pokerroom, just want opinion on a hand. As with most Pokerroom tables this one is very loose.Seat 1: Dixiejo1 ($5.25 in chips) Seat 2: bobbywithanI [9H,7S] ($29.35 in chips) Seat 3: fernhilly ($8.90 in chips) Seat 4: sallymack ($11.95 in chips) Seat 8: 2keys ($12.25 in chips) Seat 9: Vazquez. ($14.55 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSsallymack posts blind ($0.15), 2keys posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPVazquez. calls $0.25, Dixiejo1 folds, bobbywithanI calls $0.25, fernhilly calls $0.25, sallymack calls $0.10, 2keys checks.Is this to loose of a call? I mean I just got SSHE and was thinking about the "make looser calls at a loose table, but tighter bets"FLOP [board cards 10D,6D,2H ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, Vazquez. checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.25, fernhilly calls $0.25, sallymack calls $0.25, 2keys calls $0.25, Vazquez. folds.Ok betting on a gutshot, not really my style ussually, but it was checked to me.TURN [board cards 10D,6D,2H,9C ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.50, fernhilly folds, sallymack calls $0.50, 2keys calls $0.50.Got a pair, figured since noone raised my flop bet this might be good enoughRIVER [board cards 10D,6D,2H,9C,8H ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.50, sallymack calls $0.50, 2keys folds.Final Pot 9 BB

Guest XXEddie

Seat 1: Dixiejo1 ($5.25 in chips)Seat 2: bobbywithanI [9H,7S] ($29.35 in chips)Seat 3: fernhilly ($8.90 in chips)Seat 4: sallymack ($11.95 in chips)Seat 8: 2keys ($12.25 in chips)Seat 9: Vazquez. ($14.55 in chips)ANTES/BLINDSsallymack posts blind ($0.15), 2keys posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPVazquez. calls $0.25, Dixiejo1 folds, bobbywithanI calls $0.25,thats were i stopped readingif your gonna play it, raise it. but you said the table is loose. so fold

No don't raise it. If the tables loose you know they are gonig to call so why put more money in with 9 high?? He said you should fold since it's loose, a raise here doesnt do anything,

Sorry I didn't use the Bison converter, I just can't get it to work with Pokerroom, just want opinion on a hand. As with most Pokerroom tables this one is very loose.Seat 1: Dixiejo1 ($5.25 in chips) Seat 2: bobbywithanI [9H,7S] ($29.35 in chips) Seat 3: fernhilly ($8.90 in chips) Seat 4: sallymack ($11.95 in chips) Seat 8: 2keys ($12.25 in chips) Seat 9: Vazquez. ($14.55 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSsallymack posts blind ($0.15), 2keys posts blind ($0.25).PRE-FLOPVazquez. calls $0.25, Dixiejo1 folds, bobbywithanI calls $0.25, fernhilly calls $0.25, sallymack calls $0.10, 2keys checks.Is this to loose of a call? I mean I just got SSHE and was thinking about the "make looser calls at a loose table, but tighter bets"HORRIBLE call. Being looser is better. Limping with 79o is chip spewing. As mentioned, if you do insist on playing this, raise as then you might be able to get people to fold.FLOP [board cards 10D,6D,2H ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, Vazquez. checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.25, fernhilly calls $0.25, sallymack calls $0.25, 2keys calls $0.25, Vazquez. folds.Ok betting on a gutshot, not really my style ussually, but it was checked to me.More chip spewing. There's 5 people in the pot and your only reasonable out is a gushot straight with nowhere near the proper odds to call.TURN [board cards 10D,6D,2H,9C ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.50, fernhilly folds, sallymack calls $0.50, 2keys calls $0.50.Got a pair, figured since noone raised my flop bet this might be good enoughBased on earlier action I think you're right here and now you have more outs with two pair, trips or the gutshot should someone have the 10.RIVER [board cards 10D,6D,2H,9C,8H ]sallymack checks, 2keys checks, bobbywithanI bets $0.50, sallymack calls $0.50, 2keys folds.You've hit the wonderful 8 so clearly you have to bet this now :wink: Final Pot 9 BB
In short, fold this preflop. To be blunt, reread chapter 2 of SSHE. The way to be looser is more like limping with things like A5s and small pocket pairs, not trash.Zara
Guest XXEddie
No, a raise is horrible.Fold preflop.Fold on the flop because you dont have odds to cahse a gut shot.Eddie, come on.
i didnt say raiseI said if you are gonna play it raisebut he said it was a loose table so definately foldI would fold this all the time, I just said if you(for whatever reason) are gonna play it, raise

Alright, thanks. I thought I just got lucky, but wanted to ask ya'll to make sure. I've been trying to loosen up some because I usually play really tight. Guess I should never make myself that loose.

Alright, thanks. I thought I just got lucky, but wanted to ask ya'll to make sure. I've been trying to loosen up some because I usually play really tight. Guess I should never make myself that loose.
No, not really. However, you have two good things in your favor:1) You've read SSHE and are trying to implement what it reccomendsAND2) You want, accept and appreciate honest feedback about hands.Keep up the learningZara
No, not really. However, you have two good things in your favor:1) You've read SSHE and are trying to implement what it reccomendsAND2) You want, accept and appreciate honest feedback about hands.Keep up the learningZara
Exactly.