After reading the threads regarding the possible use of bots I noticed one of the points being made is that just the rakeback by itself could make it worth it if the owner of the bot broke even. Although I don't have a bot, I could use the rakeback dollars. Thus my (first) question; is it available for PokerStars?How does it "work"; i.e where does the money come from? The site itself? What would their incentive be to making that available? Are there any drawbacks to using it - are you forced to watch pop-ups or banner adds or other annoying content?Thanks in advance for your insights!RegardsErasa

After reading the threads regarding the possible use of bots I noticed one of the points being made is that just the rakeback by itself could make it worth it if the owner of the bot broke even. Although I don't have a bot, I could use the rakeback dollars. Thus my (first) question; is it available for PokerStars?How does it "work"; i.e where does the money come from? The site itself? What would their incentive be to making that available? Are there any drawbacks to using it - are you forced to watch pop-ups or banner adds or other annoying content?Thanks in advance for your insights!RegardsErasa
As Jordan said, no rakeback on pokerstars. But here is how rakeback works:Basically, when you sign up for a site as a new user, many sites have arrangements with rakeback providers (affiliates that offer rakeback), such as rakebreak.com. rakeaid.com. rakerebate, etc. By signing up using the rakeback site as an affiliate, that rakeback site gets a percentage of your rake for the lifetime of the account. (an incentive for them bringing a new player to the site) From that, they pay you a certain percentage. (ie with ultimatebet, 30 % rakeback is offered) This means that 30 % of your portion of rake is given back to you from the rakeback site at the end of the month. So say you are dealt in a pot that collected $3 rake, and 6 people were dealt in at the table, your portion of that rake is $0.50, and 30 % of this would be paid back at the end of the month. (usually payments are made on the 15th day of the following month). As far as drawbacks, no you are not forced to watch pop-ups, there are not banner ads, it is simply a continuing payment from the poker site to the rakeback site, and then to you, for providing new players to their player base. Rakeback is available for most sites other than pokerstars, such as full tilt, absolute, mansion, ultimatebet, etc. etc., however some use different methods. Most sites use dealt in, where if you were dealt in, you get rakeback, however some sites have gone with contributed method, meaning in order to get a share of the rakeback from the pot, you have to put in some money (even if just the big or small blind). (such as ultimatebet and absolute).You cannot have an account at the website already, and still receive rakeback, so it has to be your first time singing up to that site, and you have to follow the instructions on the rakeback website in order to get it properly setup.If you would like a referral to the site that I use for rakeback, to sign up through them, please send me a pm, and I'd be happy to refer you.Hope this helps.
UB has an automatic rakeback?
No, ultimatebet is after the end of the month, 30 %, although ultimatebet does have a points for cash promotion, where you get paid so many cents per point you earn in a week.
How does it "work"; i.e where does the money come from? The site itself? What would their incentive be to making that available? Are there any drawbacks to using it - are you forced to watch pop-ups or banner adds or other annoying content?
Others have explained how rakeback works from the user's perspective. The question is why would sites possibly want to do this? The answer is sort of complicated.Poker sites started by offering affiliates a percentage of the rake generated by any new players they could get to sign up. Think of this as sort of like a salesman's commission. The affiliate would market the site and drive a customer to a site and the site would reward that with a portion of the rake that customer generated. Of course there was a competition among affiliate - who were all offering essentially the same product at the same price to gain an edge over the other affiliates and get those commission dollars. So someone figured out - hey if the pokersite is willing to give me 35% of the rake that a customer generates I can give that customer 30% of their rake and keep the difference as profit. That give the customer an incentive to use the affiliate, the customer gets rakeback, the affiliate gets their margin and everyone is happy.Well maybe everyone is happy. The whole reason the site is willing to pay this affiliate commission is to draw new customers who would otherwise be unlikely to play there. But who is attracted to rakeback? People who who know enough about the online poker landscape that they were going to plat at that site anyway. This is why the biggest sites like Party Poker and Poker Stars said hell no. We won't allow rakeback. Those people are gonna play here anyway.Smaller sites take the 65% of something is better than 100% of nothing approach. Among the people playing with rakeback on AP, FTP, UB a lot of them would go elsewhere if the sites didn't offer rakeback.