tight/aggressive, or chip-spewing?

Tight/Aggressive or chipspewing? You tell me.Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: TJ Eckleburg is MP1 with [Qh], [Ks]. 2 folds.KQo in MP1, first person to enter the pot. Position isn't super, but I'm pretty sure a raise is in order here.Flop: (11 SB) [Jh], [Jc], [Td] (5 players)SB checks, TJ Eckleburg bets, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.Hmmm... plenty of callers preflop, and checked to me. Well, are they smart enough to raise J-x here, or too dumb to a) three-bet with TT preflop or b) lay down JT for a raise. Either way, I have an OESD with two overs and a little fold equity working for me. I think I should bet my raised flop, and it'd break my heart if AsXs or small pocket pairs fold here.Turn: (7 BB) [Ah] (3 players)SB checks, TJ Eckleburg bets, CO calls, SB calls.Well, now I can beat a passive bare T, and even J-x. For two callers, though, it smells like somebody is being sneaky with J-x. Spidey sense tingling that I might already be behind.River: (10 BB) [9h] (3 players)SB checks, TJ Eckleburg bets... Well, now I can't beat a backdoor flush, either, but the only remotely possible backdoor flush is KhTh, and that'd really suck. I guess the nine was a good card though, because I still have the nut straight. I'm still somewhat concerned that I've been quietly called down by two players. Is this the correct play for the river?...CO raises, SB folds, TJ Eckleburg calls....Maybe not. Dammit.Final Pot: 14 BBObviously for me to be posting this he had to have a boat, so there's no point in withholding the results. JsTs, and he flopped it and got sneaky. I guess I should thank him for saving me a BB or two... but did I play the hand correctly?Sometimes I think the line between tight/aggressive and chip-spewing is very fine, and the difference is measured only by long-term results. Do you think I played it in a way that will make me money in the long run?

you played this hand fine, most people would pussy out and not bet this river, but betting this river is a must against bad players, especially at party.With QK offsuit in early position, I tend to mix it up, sometimes I raise sometimes I just call. I tend to raise more at a passive table because its less likely I would get 3-bet.

you played this hand fine, most people would censored out and not bet this river, but betting this river is a must against bad players, especially at party.
That was my general thought process. The only thing that really irked me was I knew that if I got raised on the river, then it'd be nothing less than a hand that beat me, and I'd DEFINITELY have to call. I just hate that.
you played this hand fine, most people would censored out and not bet this river, but betting this river is a must against bad players, especially at party.
That was my general thought process. The only thing that really irked me was I knew that if I got raised on the river, then it'd be nothing less than a hand that beat me, and I'd DEFINITELY have to call. I just hate that.
Ya I know, the CRYING CALL :cry: but you are definately good here more than 1 in 13 times, it will definately show a profit in the long run.

Well I definitely can't fold on the river. My questions are whether I played the flop/turn too aggressively, and should I have led into the river or check/called it.

bd flush got their, 2 other people besides u in the pot with a paired board, i would hve checked called the river
this is known as monsters under the bed syndrome, you are fearing the worst. Instead of thinking about how you can profit more from bad players. Most of the time you will be called with a worse hand.
bd flush got their, 2 other people besides u in the pot with a paired board, i would hve checked called the river
this is known as monsters under the bed syndrome, you are fearing the worst. Instead of thinking about how you can profit more from bad players. Most of the time you will be called with a worse hand.
co calls on the flop: i put him on a set or drawco calls on the turn: i would put him on a full house or less likely a straight. if he had the straight he would probaly bet to protect his hand and try and get into a rasingwar with someone who had trips. if he had trips he would raise to protect his hand. i think checking and calling is a good play. looked to me like an obvious slow play because usually bad players like to raise with top pair and mid pair . sb looks like he was fishing so thats why the bd flush would scare me. bad players go for bd flushes all the time from my expeirence. maybe its monsters under the bed syndrome but at higher limits leading out when u got 2 callers with a paired board can cost u. i find callers have better hands then raisers. u have to ask why are they calling and not rasing
but at higher limits leading out when u got 2 callers with a paired board can cost u.
Exactly.. do you see the difference now, this is not a high limit hand. I'm not just making up value betting against bad players. This concept is straight out of the book SSHE. It shows a profit betting these type of hands on the river. These player are usually calling, not raising or betting because they are calling stations.

where was the chip spewing question here, trust me I know what a chip spew can be, and nowhere in this hand did you do that. you played it fine

It felt like I played it right... but I just hated the situation where if I got raised I knew I'd lose, but I couldn't see any correct scenario where I wasn't betting.Whenever I do chip-spew it's with something where I play my overcards correctly and aggressively and just get carried away... and then wake up with someone leading into me on a nothing board and all I have is nut no pair. I hate that. Thanks, everyone.