OK!!!! Great post with some very good points, some stupid ones, BUT no matter how you look at it the ME crowns the winner as the champ of the world. Also making the buy in $100K is just stupid, a $50K ME sound about right to me. Another thought is if the "ME" changes from Hold'em to anything else what is that going to do to the 8,000 people who bought in for the holdem ME? Do you think that the # of people drops? I think that we will be lucky to get 2,000 people if we change it. That could be bad for poker. I still like the idea of more than a lotto drawing to crown champion, but I love the big MTT. I do think a "Player of the year" type of scoring system would be a great idea, maybe just limit this scoring to the WSOP events? And maybe higher scoring for harder events such as razz and 2-7 low ball, ect.... Or how about the TOC? Maybe if you win, or even make a final table in any event at the WSOP you qualify to move on to the TOC and that winner is the new WSOP champ? I like that last idea, how about you?Oh and where is Daniel? I would, as would everyone I think, love to know what he thinks on this! Maybe this has already been brought up but I would like some insight. lol PLEASE

OK!!!! Great post with some very good points, some stupid ones, BUT no matter how you look at it the ME crowns the winner as the champ of the world. Also making the buy in $100K is just stupid, a $50K ME sound about right to me. Another thought is if the "ME" changes from Hold'em to anything else what is that going to do to the 8,000 people who bought in for the holdem ME? Do you think that the # of people drops? I think that we will be lucky to get 2,000 people if we change it. That could be bad for poker. I still like the idea of more than a lotto drawing to crown champion, but I love the big MTT. I do think a "Player of the year" type of scoring system would be a great idea, maybe just limit this scoring to the WSOP events? And maybe higher scoring for harder events such as razz and 2-7 low ball, ect.... Or how about the TOC? Maybe if you win, or even make a final table in any event at the WSOP you qualify to move on to the TOC and that winner is the new WSOP champ? I like that last idea, how about you?Oh and where is Daniel? I would, as would everyone I think, love to know what he thinks on this! Maybe this has already been brought up but I would like some insight. lol PLEASE

Poker [let alone a single tournament, whatever the format may be] is not about proving anything.
Yes, of course you're right. Which is why it's like the Poker Gods sent a little angel for my shoulder to advise me: "Forget it. Stay anonymous, work hard, and make a nice six figures as an internet player." However, they also sent a little devil for my other shoulder who's been jabbering: "get out there and win yourself some m*therf*ck*ng BRACELETS!!! You'll SHOW THEM ALL! You can run RINGS around these smug b*stards who think they're better than you! GO TO VEGAS! GET FAMOUS! TAKE THEIR MONEY! COME ON, YOU GUTLESS P*SSY, PROOOOOOOOVE IT!!! AAAAAGH" and so forth. Ridiculous, really. lol I think Daniel's fly-on-the-wall thread about the Jackass Trio's Three-Way Monologue hit me so hard because it's easy to imagine myself in a few years being every bit as vile and odious, chiming along with my own brand of ego dysfunction. Seriously dude, I know it's hilarious, but I couldn't even laugh. What I really want is to have the inner strength to be like Mike Sexton, Chris Ferguson, and Barry Greenstein. In fact, I don't think I should play tournaments at all until I can trust myself to show every bit as much class at the table as they do. I'm totally fine most of the time, but put me next to certain pros and I'd risk getting in "narcissist PMS" fights so retarded and hilarious they'd run the clips on ESPN for years and years. Since that's definitely not part of the plan, I've decided not to play the WSOP this year. Maybe later, maybe not. Anyone with motivation issues like me should also remember that "proving yourself worthy" to anyone is a 100% guaranteed losing proposition. Let's say there's a player out there whom I desperately want to beat (three guesses, duh LOL). Well, I'm shrewd enough to know that it won't matter how good I get, how many bracelets I've won, or how often I beat him--as long as I care (and he's figured out I care), he'll always be able to absolutely crush me with something as simple as "that wasn't skill, you got lucky" or "I took it easy on you, kid"...or even worse, knowing I could be reduced to a raving, teeth-gnashing lunatic by one dreaded word: "amateur". How do I know I'm doomed? Because all narcissists have an uncanny sixth sense for feeling out the soft, bruised, rotten spots in the underside of someone's psyche... and when you put two of them in the same room, they mutually bore their wormy hooks down into them and twist and turn and burrow until they're both stuck and there's NEVER any getting free of it. Thanks but no thanks. Sometimes, it's worth remembering the old saying really is true: "The only way to win is not to play".