which episodes did you see? every one I've seen he's walked out (or at least attempted to). But in all reality, in over 75% of survival situations that you would find yourself in, you more than likely should stay put anyways. In situations like a plane crash, a car breaking down, etc, you should stay where you are because a) it will probably be in a place where rescuers will most likely come looking for you and b) you should stay near the most visible thing for rescuers to see, such as a downed plane or vehicle. there are quite a few other reasons, but I don't want to babble. but I still can't think of an episode where he sat in one spot for the whole week, and I'm pretty sure I've seen them all. which one did you see?and as for the boat coming to get him, yes you wouldn't have that luxury if you were truly lost at sea, but sometimes he has to get help in situations like that so he doesn't, you know, die. hard to make more episodes when you're dead.
I'm fairly certain he didn't get picked up by the chase boat, it was only there for emergency situations. They stayed in contact via radio. There was a dhingy attached to the raft, but the reason for that has left me for the moment. Just because Bear runs around like a jackass doesn't mean you should too, like shake said. You really think he doesn't know roughly (maybe) or exactly (likely) where he is before or during his flight in?Bear would be a lot worse off if he didn't have and use his flint to make fire. It's a give and take, because Les wouldn't jump into a frozen lake or quicksand or anything while he is surviving.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this season of Survivorman he has had a couple episodes where he just stayed put, so if this is what Don is basing his assumptions on he is partially correct. As far as the saftey team, Survivorman is very upfront when a situation is immenentally leathal, e.g. on a life raft in a storm, he has saftey precautions and they are only to intervene in dire emergencies. In one of the most recent episodes he was dogsledding and the area he was supposed to go over melted and he would have fallen into a slushy ocean and most certainly would have died so, his saftey team tracked him down in about 2 hours and they ended that show.realistic is one thing, stupid is another. I guarnantee in Les Strouds pelican cases for his camera equip he has a GPS and emergency contact equipment. I would expect him to.

I'm fairly certain he didn't get picked up by the chase boat, it was only there for emergency situations. They stayed in contact via radio. There was a dhingy attached to the raft, but the reason for that has left me for the moment. Just because Bear runs around like a jackass doesn't mean you should too, like shake said. You really think he doesn't know roughly (maybe) or exactly (likely) where he is before or during his flight in?Bear would be a lot worse off if he didn't have and use his flint to make fire. It's a give and take, because Les wouldn't jump into a frozen lake or quicksand or anything while he is surviving.
once again you are mistaken. he gets picked up by the boat, gets on it and everything and rides on it for a while and then they put him back.so i guess your gonna keep posting this incorrect shit over and over?
once again you are mistaken. he gets picked up by the boat, gets on it and everything and rides on it for a while and then they put him back.so i guess your gonna keep posting this incorrect shit over and over?
What you are missing here is there is no unrealistic illusion for the audience. he is very upfront about each shoot, and they are each different with different precautions made. They pulled him off that boat becasue it was hurricane like weather. But we saw it, and he talked about it.On one of the Man vs. Wild he jumped into some swamp muck half naked, then like 5 minutes later after wiping off with moss, he was dry and clean. This was obviously from a towel handed to him by his crew, but they never said that.
You say once again like I've been talking out of my ass. Tell me what else is incorrect that I've posted over and over? I love how you completely ignore the rest of the post. You're like Lois, jesus christ.
What you are missing here is there is no unrealistic illusion for the audience. he is very upfront about each shoot, and they are each different with different precautions made. They pulled him off that boat becasue it was hurricane like weather. But we saw it, and he talked about it.On one of the Man vs. Wild he jumped into some swamp muck half naked, then like 5 minutes later after wiping off with moss, he was dry and clean. This was obviously from a towel handed to him by his crew, but they never said that.
spot on. thats the difference. les and crew let you know up front, and have from the beginning, what is going on throughout the show when stuff like this happens. bear pretends like he does everything, and he doesn't. well at least he used to before he got caught.
You're like Lois, jesus christ.
wow, I mean I know lois is really religious, but now he thinks he's jesus? that may be going to far.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Watched the new M v. W, and it was entertaining except for one thing.SPOILER

At the end, he climbed the train tower and at the top, he threw a chain over the concrete barrier. He tugged, deemed the chain safe for his weight, and jumped off the tower with his full weight on the chain, then proceeded to climb up and over. The shot cut to him on the bridge. Here is my issue. I don't see anything that could have held the chain, period. I think a crew member or someone else secured the chain, since bear never addressed what the chain fastened to to hold his weight without further incident.

EDIT:Wasn't ST24 hilarious?

• 1 month later...