Ato Otb, Absolute .5/1

Preflop: Pancake is dealt A :club: T :)2 folds, CO calls, Pancake raises, 1 fold, BB calls, CO callsFlop: 8 :D K :) 6 :DBB bets, CO calls, Pancake callsTurn: 8 :D K :) 6 :D , 6 :icon_dance:BB bets, CO folds, Pancake folds.------Flop - I felt a peel was ok here, with an over and a BDFDTurn - I could find no reason to stay in the pot.Thoughts?

I almost always call this flop.I don't think it's necessarily profitable on this particular play.But I think the call helps me in future plays.I want opponents to realize that if they intend on donk-betting a flop with bottom pair in a pot that I raised preflop, they are going to need to invest more bets and stay lucky to win that hand.I feel that if I fold these flops too often, villains fire donk bets at me all day with very weak holdings.--CM

I almost always call this flop.I don't think it's necessarily profitable on this particular play.But I think the call helps me in future plays.I want opponents to realize that if they intend on donk-betting a flop with bottom pair in a pot that I raised preflop, they are going to need to invest more bets and stay lucky to win that hand.I feel that if I fold these flops too often, villains fire donk bets at me all day with very weak holdings.--CM
What brings me to folding in this hand is the caller in between. The image problem is less of an issue then, imo. It's also more likely we're either already beat and drawing very slim or having even fewer outs. And the extra caller doesn't help our odds much.Another thing is that we should make sure to call with good hands too, so that a call from us on the flop doesn't automatically mean we've missed, cause then we're just as exploitable, only it costs us more.
What brings me to folding in this hand is the caller in between.
The other caller actually makes me more likely to call this flop!One of my main hopes in calling the flop is that donk-bettor will get shy and check the turn.Then I can see all 5 cards for the cost of only 1 small bet.And when a 2nd caller joins us on the flop, it is much more likely that the donk-bettor will turn passive on the next street.If he does decide to lead into both of us again on the turn, I will have a much more accurate idea of my chances.
Another thing is that we should make sure to call with good hands too, so that a call from us on the flop doesn't automatically mean we've missed, cause then we're just as exploitable, only it costs us more.
Absolutely.If you don't ever call down donk-bets when you make a hand, you should not be calling down OP's had with just 1 overcard.I open-raise otb with A5. BB CallsFlop comes A72 rainbow.BB donk bets flop- I call.BB bets turn - I call.BB checks river - I bet- BB calls.BB turns over the duece for bottom pair.--cm