• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Yeah. I cracked the kings.
Yeah I was like are you stalking me? Nice call with the AQ as well, how did you do that, or did you think I was steaming?Back in the positive for the day, mostly due to this handPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownHero ($18.90)BB ($1.80)UTG ($9.30)MP ($2.70)CO ($3)Button ($24.45)Preflop: Hero is SB with T :D , A :D . UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Button calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.5, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds, Button calls $0.40.Flop: ($1.60) 7 :D , 3 :D , A :club:(3 players)Hero bets $1, BB raises to $1.3, Button calls $1.30, Hero calls $0.30.Turn: ($5.50) 2 :)(3 players)Hero checks, Button bets $3, Hero raises to $9, Button calls $6.River: ($23.50) Q :)(3 players)Hero bets $8.1 (All-In), Button calls $8.10.Final Pot: $39.70Results in white below: Hero has Ts As (flush, ace high). BB has Qd Ac (two pair, aces and queens). Button has 6s 5s (flush, seven high). Outcome: Hero wins $39.70. Edit: I don't know if this is a brag but I have $122 dollars spread over 4 nl10 tables

Can someone enlighten me on what the **** the minraise means? Leaving FE or wanting me to shove? Not just talking about this hand specifically by the way. Just tired as **** of having to fold my continuation bets to minraises.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB ($122)UTG ($200)MP ($167)CO ($197)Button ($179.25)Hero ($198)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kspade.gif, Qspade.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $8, 1 fold, Hero raises to $26, 1 fold, CO calls $18.Flop: ($54) Aheart.gif, Tdiamond.gif, 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $36, CO raises to $72, Hero folds.Final Pot: $126

:(PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($114.30)MP ($209.90)CO ($248.15)Button ($252)SB ($71.70)Hero ($217.05)Preflop: Hero is BB with Theart.gif, Tdiamond.gif. UTG calls $2, MP raises to $8, 1 fold, Button calls $8, SB raises to $50, 1 fold, UTG folds, MP folds, Button calls $42.Flop: ($112) Tclub.gif, 2spade.gif, 3spade.gif(2 players)SB bets $20, Button calls $20.Turn: ($152) 3diamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $1.7 (All-In), Button calls $1.70.River: ($0) 7club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $155.40

Yeah I was like are you stalking me? Nice call with the AQ as well, how did you do that, or did you think I was steaming?
By the turn it was all about the stack sizes. Opening raise was standard. I felt like if you had better than AQ you would have re-raised pf. Continuation bet the flop. Really didn't feel the flop connected with you. AT-JT was really my only concern but I'm getting 5-2 to call w/overs. Same on the turn, getting almost 4-1, thought I was beat then though. The only thing you could really have that dominates me is a set or AT. Plus I had been playing a ton of hands so I thought you would have me on a very wide range. I knew the only thing I was ahead of was a bluff, but a bluff did make sense. Only way you could've got me off the hand as played pf was to shove the flop. Or I'm just a donk. I don't know which. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($6.25)SB ($0.70)BB ($7.30)UTG ($5.50)MP ($4.40)Bull62 ($27.80)Preflop: Bull62 is CO with Aclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 2 folds, Bull62 raises to $0.5, Button calls $0.50, 2 folds.Flop: ($1.15) Tclub.gif, 2spade.gif, 7spade.gif(2 players)Bull62 bets $1, Button raises to $3, Bull62 calls $2.Turn: ($7.15) 4heart.gif(2 players)Bull62 checks, Button bets $2.75 (All-In), Bull62 calls $2.75.River: ($0) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $12.65Results below: Bull62 has Ac Qd (one pair, fours). Button has Kc 9c (one pair, fours). Outcome: Bull62 wins $12.65.

running so bad lately..PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($37.30)Hero ($87)CO ($53.10)Button ($99)SB ($107.50)BB ($34.20)Preflop: Hero is MP with 7club.gif, Jclub.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1. UTG calls $1, Hero (poster) checks, CO raises to $4, 3 folds, UTG calls $3, Hero calls $3.Flop: ($13.50) 7spade.gif, Jheart.gif, 4heart.gif(3 players)UTG checks, Hero checks, CO bets $15, UTG folds, Hero raises to $35, CO raises to $49.1, Hero calls $14.10.Turn: ($111.70) 6spade.gif(2 players)River: ($111.70) Adiamond.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $111.70Results in white below: Hero has 7c Jc (two pair, jacks and sevens). CO has Js Ac (two pair, aces and jacks). Outcome: CO wins $111.70.

I had no idea what to do here, so I folded. This was a very confusing line, and I interpreted it as him with a very strong hand trying to protect against the myriad of draws on that board.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $544.60UTG+1: $221.90CO: $147.20Zimmer: $607SB: $410.60BB: $532.30Pre-flop: (6 players) Zimmer is Button with A :D A :club: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Zimmer raises to $18, SB calls, 2 folds.Flop: 5 :D T :D 8 :) ($44, 2 players)SB checks, Zimmer bets $34, SB calls.Turn: 9 :D ($112, 2 players)SB bets $94, Zimmer folds.Uncalled bets: $94 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $112

+$830 in 2nd day of August.I really wish I was more committed to poker in the Summer. I think next summer I'm gonna take it more seriously and try to get in 4-5 hours per day. I could make a ton more if I played Jordan-esque volumes.

I had no idea what to do here, so I folded. This was a very confusing line, and I interpreted it as him with a very strong hand trying to protect against the myriad of draws on that board.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $544.60UTG+1: $221.90CO: $147.20Zimmer: $607SB: $410.60BB: $532.30Pre-flop: (6 players) Zimmer is Button with A :D A :club: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Zimmer raises to $18, SB calls, 2 folds.Flop: 5 :D T :D 8 :) ($44, 2 players)SB checks, Zimmer bets $34, SB calls.Turn: 9 :D ($112, 2 players)SB bets $94, Zimmer folds.Uncalled bets: $94 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $112
I'm probably raising there
By the turn it was all about the stack sizes. Opening raise was standard. I felt like if you had better than AQ you would have re-raised pf. Continuation bet the flop. Really didn't feel the flop connected with you. AT-JT was really my only concern but I'm getting 5-2 to call w/overs. Same on the turn, getting almost 4-1, thought I was beat then though. The only thing you could really have that dominates me is a set or AT. Plus I had been playing a ton of hands so I thought you would have me on a very wide range. I knew the only thing I was ahead of was a bluff, but a bluff did make sense. Only way you could've got me off the hand as played pf was to shove the flop. Or I'm just a donk. I don't know which. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($6.25)SB ($0.70)BB ($7.30)UTG ($5.50)MP ($4.40)Bull62 ($27.80)Preflop: Bull62 is CO with Aclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif. 2 folds, Bull62 raises to $0.5, Button calls $0.50, 2 folds.Flop: ($1.15) Tclub.gif, 2spade.gif, 7spade.gif(2 players)Bull62 bets $1, Button raises to $3, Bull62 calls $2.Turn: ($7.15) 4heart.gif(2 players)Bull62 checks, Button bets $2.75 (All-In), Bull62 calls $2.75.River: ($0) 4spade.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $12.65Results below: Bull62 has Ac Qd (one pair, fours). Button has Kc 9c (one pair, fours). Outcome: Bull62 wins $12.65.
Yeah looking at that hand now, I think it was definately a combination of steaming and fancy play as I almost never make pure bluffs such as this.On the flop I was pretty sure you didn't hit as I think you would've re-raised(yes?) If I had a full stack I probably could've taken it on the turn, but cos I was short I fail. Do you usually open raise 5bbs? I found that strange while playing with you. I left your table and one more and so was playing 4 tables, and I think thats when the graph changed directions, so I might stick to 4 tables for a while.I would also like to add tourneys suck and frustrate me.
Yeah looking at that hand now, I think it was definately a combination of steaming and fancy play as I almost never make pure bluffs such as this.On the flop I was pretty sure you didn't hit as I think you would've re-raised(yes?) If I had a full stack I probably could've taken it on the turn, but cos I was short I fail. Do you usually open raise 5bbs? I found that strange while playing with you. I left your table and one more and so was playing 4 tables, and I think thats when the graph changed directions, so I might stick to 4 tables for a while.I would also like to add tourneys suck and frustrate me.
Yes, you definitely could've gotten me off the hand if you could've made a bigger bet on the turn. If I had hit the flop, the only hand I can really be comfortable with is a set. Probably would've called the flop, then tried to CR the turn if a spade doesn't come. With only TP, i probably reraise the flop then lead out on the turn trying to gain info. $0.50 just seems like a good number to me at this level. Seems like people will call .30 with almost anything. If you do get callers, you can usually bet them off of it on junk flops and you've built a little bigger pot than just going 3x. And it's still pretty easy to get away from if somebody plays back at you. I've been experimenting playing pretty LAG. I really just started playing cash games within the past week. I re-read the NLHE section in SS2 and I think something finally clicked. Last 2 sessions I'm up 9 buy-ins single-tabling. I'm running about 48/30 during those sessions. I could just be running good and it could all come crashing down, but it seems like I win a lot of small pots with nothing and then get into a big pot with something good. I know it can't be that easy though. I'm sure I'll have to make some adjustments along the way.

I mentioned above that I just started playing cash games last week. If any of the more experienced (cough.....nosup...cough) cash players would like to critique my thought processes above, I am all ears (or I guess eyes in this case). I would really like to start playing cash for the real money and tournaments just for fun. I've had some decent tourney results, but I know that doesn't necessarily translate to cash game success.

I haven't posted here in a while because I haven't played much. July ended with a downswing, and due to playing poor and other non-poker commitments, I took some time off poker for a couple of days.I have returned to playing, although I am playing less frequently due to my thesis proposal that is coming up. I also stepped down in limits which has been good for my bankroll, confidence and sanity.Here's my July graph. At least I ended in the green :club:, although for a long time, it looked like it was going to be a much nicer month.Julybyhands.jpgAugust has been good so far, as I mentioned:Aug1toAug2byhands.jpgStrange... For some reason the summaries didn't end up where I placed them...

i hate that.i probably call and fold to a river bet.
Agreed. Raising just allows him to fold worse hands, and shove better hands. If you raise here, you kind of negate the fact that you have position on him. He has to act first on the river. Its really hard for him to bluff into you given that the board is super scary. Mark

I'm sitting at a dream table right now :club: Opponent #1: 50/6Opponent #2: 53/6Opponent #3: 45/15Opponent #4: 46/8Opponent #5: 85/5Whee!