poker on tv in canada?

Does anyone know when the WPT is going to be televised in Canada again? On the travel channel's website it says that it is on every Wed and Sun but it never is? I live near Toronto and have Rogers cable.City tv used to have it Sunday afternoons but lately it has been celebrity poker which I can't stand. Anyone know when it is coming back??? :D

Does anyone know when the WPT is going to be televised in Canada again?  On the travel channel's website it says that it is on every Wed and Sun but it never is?  I live near Toronto and have Rogers cable.City tv used to have it Sunday afternoons but lately it has been celebrity poker which I can't stand.  Anyone know when it is coming back??? :club:
I emailed CityTV about the WPT. They've had Celebrity Poker Showdown, which is absolutely brutal, now they're going through the WPTs Hollywood home game specials, then starting in May again they'll be re-airing season 2 of the World Poker Tour. They'll be starting Season 3 (the episodes that are currently running on the travel channel in the US) in September. So we have a bit of a wait ahead of us. At least there will be less celebrity poker on soon.BTW, the canadian travel channel and the US travel channel are different networks. CTV owns the travel channel canada, and buys some programming from Travel Channel US, but not the WPT. I don't subscribe, but it does look like they have some poker on travel canada, (PP European open maybe?) but not the WPT.Hope that helps. At least we get the NBC heads up poker challenge starting in May.valen.

Yeah the travel channel does show some of the European Poker Tourbut the announcers are brutal and it is nowhere near as exciting as the WPT. September! Wow that is a long time to wait :cry: I am looking forward to the heads up in May, that should be pretty intense. Thanks for the reply.

Get a Dish network system and you can watch poker day & night. My system records all the good ones so I don't have to watch any comercials ! The system is good for all the UFC and boxing PPV's as well.

Yeah, I'm busted. If it weren't for the dish, I might not be hooked on poker. The Ultimate Poker challenge in a fun show to watch, but even with Brandy it's not as good as the WPT.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Rogers Digital cable, and the travel channel that Rogers has IS NOT the Travel Channel that the WPT is on. The one we Kanucks get is some CTV Travel Channel, which blows donkeys. :cry: GSN (Game Show Network) has poker on a fair bit, as does City TV on Sundays. The Score also airs poker Sunday nights and a few other times during the week. TSN (The Sports Network) has poker on once in a blue moon. Sportsnet also shows the odd poker show. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
I have Rogers Digital cable, and the travel channel that Rogers has IS NOT the Travel Channel that the WPT is on. The one we Kanucks get is some CTV Travel Channel, which blows donkeys. :cry: GSN (Game Show Network) has poker on a fair bit, as does City TV on Sundays. The Score also airs poker Sunday nights and a few other times during the week. TSN (The Sports Network) has poker on once in a blue moon. Sportsnet also shows the odd poker show. :wink:
Yeah, I have Rogers too. TSN is starting up their own tournament in Canada which they will be televising later this year. (www.degreepoker.com) Up until now they have shown the WSOP, The PP Eur0pean Open, and the PP World Open I think. Sportsnet bought the Fox Sports Poker at the Plaza (where DN bluffs Freddy Deeb pretty badly for a bunch of chips) and a tournament from a Cruise ship. The Score has the European Open, but I don't know if they've signed on to any more once those episodes are complete. City has been stuck in a rut of celebrity poker, which is finally ending this week. After that we get repeats of WPT season 2 until September when season 3 starts.