Thanks for your honesty and sincerity...its quite refreshing. I wish more celebrities would be. Believe it or not, you do make a difference to people, especially the young poker fans.
And not just the young fans. I am on the sunny side of 50, and have followed your career for a couple of years now. I have always enjoyed your style, your enthusiasm and just your "joi de vive" so to speak.Although I had messaged you on MySpace, I also felt compelled to respond here.Your blog has inspired me also. I have returned to a proper outlook on my spirituality. I had the "usual" upbringing; church every Sunday, baptism, bible school in the summer, etc. But, after my father was killed in the line of duty as a police officer when I was 13 I became a bit jaded I suppose. I began to drink when I was 16, and fell into the counterculture in the early '70s. I smoked a little weed, even tried (but didn't like) other things.I won't go into all the other things that made me question the existence of God, but as my years progressed so did my understanding of life's meanings.If your blog is preaching, then I say "preach on brother". Your blog, your life, your prerogative.Please, please keep giving us an insight into your life because I know that it helps me put mine into perspective. Just remember that you have "friends" who you've never met and probably never will. If you ever have the chance to come to Lincoln, Nebraska (or perhaps Council Bluffs, Iowa for a WSOP event at the Horseshoe) I hope I get the chance to meet you long enough to shake your hand and tell you how much I admire you.

I read just about every response to Daniel's blog and I also read all the reponses in this topic and I think its amazing how really great this site is. It gives us all a voice. Sure a lot of people just use this site to rail a very famous poker player, but I think a lot of this use it as a place to be heard. Lets face it in life it is very hard to be heard. Whether your a salesman, a father, a world famous poker player, sometimes your voice just gets scrambled in the confusion of the world. Or just scrambled in our own heads. Sometimes it takes something great written, read or heard to bring out the best in all of us. DN wrote a blog pouring out his emotions onto a computer screen for all of us well wishers to read and react. :club::D:D I appluad him for it and I think its great we were all able to gain something from it. Cheers DN and all of the FCP community.

See DN we love you for who you are not how you play your cards ! We will always support you through your ups and downs and never loose sight of who you really are ! Your last blog was as pure and straight from the heart as it could be!(hope you got my email ) Get well soon AussieAndy

I'm a long time blog reader and video blog watcher and all around DN fan. However, today I finally decided to register for the forums to give my 2 cents about Daniel's latest blog. First off, awesome! As a born again Christian poker player, I've always really respected Daniel for his openness about his relationship with God. That is something many people, non-poker players included, often have a hard time doing. For stating what you belief without apology, my hat is off to you.I just wanted to say I thought it was a great blog and that I really enjoy it. I also enjoy reading your religious posts on the forums detailing what you believe and why.Keep your head up and get back to the basics with Christ.

Good Morning D...Just signed up today, glad I did!! Read your post and yeah there is a wonderful, beautiful entity called God, who follows and guides our every move. Sounds like you may just be tired and possibly overwhelmed. I too may sound like a God/Love monger, but I truly believe that love is the answer and God is Love so....Everything happens for a reason, we're all a part of His masterplan, keep the faith, find His lesson and proceed accordingly, He takes care of us all!!!!!In the meantime, remember, that if we didn't have down times, how would be recognize the good ones?On the Poker front? I think your energy, charm, and talent is felt by many. In your corner,A friend,Mary