Legality Of Online Poker

Why is it "legal" for some poker sites to offer real money games and "illegal" for others? I've read the Oct, 2006 ruling which Bush signed, but this baffles me. Party Poker can't do it and many others. I'm kind of concerned about playing and big brother coming to get me :club: can anybody clear this up for me? By the way, I'm a US resident.Thanks!rahula

Why is it "legal" for some poker sites to offer real money games and "illegal" for others? I've read the Oct, 2006 ruling which Bush signed, but this baffles me. Party Poker can't do it and many others. I'm kind of concerned about playing and big brother coming to get me :club: can anybody clear this up for me? By the way, I'm a US resident.Thanks!rahula
Okay, found a little online after I posted this. It appears that it's more geared towards US banks and how they deal with the money that changes hands to online poker sites and less to do with individuals. And, sites like party poker have succumbed to the pressure since they are publicly owned and have discontinued US customers playing there. So, I'm a little less worried about big brother but it really tees me off that they wanted to get involved. And, I'll do my best to help with the cause to eliminate or change the bill that was passed by supporting pro-gaming organizations.Peace...rahula

It's not illegal to play online if you are American. Well, in most states. Some states actually do have it on the books as being against the law.Regardless, the idea of the law was to limit the transfers from US banks to gambling sites.

It's not illegal to play online if you are American. Well, in most states. Some states actually do have it on the books as being against the law.Regardless, the idea of the law was to limit the transfers from US banks to gambling sites.
thanks Zach. That seems to be what I found at different websites. It's funny that they want to limit that but allow banks to charge 21% interest on loans to consumers :)Peace...rahula