After sleeping on it and thinking about it more, I remembered what it was. My friend and I were the final two in a 5-stack tourny.Hey kids. I'm new to the forums so don't destroy me...haha.I'm playing my bud who I constantly play in my home games. Recently I've been really trying to bring my poker game up, because its not meeting my standards.Blinds are 5/10Villain (BB): 155 chipsHero (SB): 95 chipsHole cards:A :D 2 :heart:Hero raises to 20Villain calls 20Past info: Villain is known to call/raise multiple hands PF in a heads-up/shorthanded match. The call by him does not give much info other than he has a semi-decent hand.Flop: 2 :club: 5 :D 9 :diamond:Hero checksVillain raises to 20I move all-in, putting him on highcard. Correct move?

After sleeping on it and thinking about it more, I remembered what it was. My friend and I were the final two in a 5-stack tourny.Hey kids. I'm new to the forums so don't destroy me...haha.I'm playing my bud who I constantly play in my home games. Recently I've been really trying to bring my poker game up, because its not meeting my standards.Blinds are 5/10Villain (BB): 155 chipsHero (SB): 95 chipsHole cards:A :D 2 :heart:Hero raises to 20Villain calls 20Past info: Villain is known to call/raise multiple hands PF in a heads-up/shorthanded match. The call by him does not give much info other than he has a semi-decent hand.Flop: 2 :club: 5 :D 9 :diamond:Hero checksVillain raises to 20I move all-in, putting him on highcard. Correct move?
The correct move in my mind would be to simply push the flop...In a tournament setting, with as few chips as you had, a raise preflop is pretty much committing the rest of your chips on the flop(especially once you hit a pair). Check/raising him in is only going to make it easier for him to call with middle pair or any draw, although there aren't any draws on this board. Oh, and just noticed the min-raise pre-flop....Don't do that short-handed, as it never turns out too well, and we honestly don't want to see a flop with A2 IMO.
The correct move in my mind would be to simply push the flop...In a tournament setting, with as few chips as you had, a raise preflop is pretty much committing the rest of your chips on the flop(especially once you hit a pair). Check/raising him in is only going to make it easier for him to call with middle pair or any draw, although there aren't any draws on this board. Oh, and just noticed the min-raise pre-flop....Don't do that short-handed, as it never turns out too well, and we honestly don't want to see a flop with A2 IMO.
Villian is never folding a pair on this flop to an open push. C/R gives him a chance to bluff if we think he's aggressive, but gives him a chance to take a free card w/ overcards. So that part is up to hero's discretion. Open pushing w/ bottom bottom bottom pair against what you think may be an mid pair is just silly. Argument for open pushing preflop is definately there. not much play in the stacks here.
Villian is never folding a pair on this flop to an open push. C/R gives him a chance to bluff if we think he's aggressive, but gives him a chance to take a free card w/ overcards. So that part is up to hero's discretion. Open pushing w/ bottom bottom bottom pair against what you think may be an mid pair is just silly. Argument for open pushing preflop is definately there. not much play in the stacks here.
I am definitely not advocating a min-raise/push the flop with BP line. I was simply saying, that if I'm putting any more chips into this pot post-flop then I am pushing, not c/r'ing. I fold/push this hand pre-flop with folding being my choice the majority of the time. I hate the min-raise pre-flop with a rag Ace.
I am definitely not advocating a min-raise/push the flop with BP line. I was simply saying, that if I'm putting any more chips into this pot post-flop then I am pushing, not c/r'ing. I fold/push this hand pre-flop with folding being my choice the majority of the time. I hate the min-raise pre-flop with a rag Ace.
Yeah, i'm not a fan of min raise at this point either. I don't know what we do when we blank here because bluff off chips against a better hand. However, I can't really see folding this often. (If I understand correctly) it's HU in a tournament w/ very low effective stacks. I'm moving in w/ most hands at this point, let alone an ace.
For 3:1 against a random hand I'm never folding this HU. I call HU w/ any 2 cards until villian develops a habit of raising my limp every time. At that point I either muck or raise big. I agree with the pre-flop push to force villian to pick up a hand on this one.

With this hand I'd rather jam or limp. Jamming is actually a better play than most people think. There's 15 dead chips out there, which represents more than 15% of your current stack. This hand plays poorly postflop unless you flop really well, and your opponent is going to fold too many hands too often. Limping is worse, but I like it much better than the spew min/raise. That being said, this is probably the LAST time you can limp into a pot, period if you don't win it.So I jam here. If you make it 35 straight and he jams back, you probably have to call. With these blinds, there's almost NO play whatsoever. As for postflop, I actually like it. When he calls, he'll show you a 9 or a 5 much of the time, or maybe even something like 34 (which is in pretty great shape, by the way). But you can't really float here effectively, so I just try and get what's in the middle. But you don't have that problem if you play it better before the flop.