I Got In

What, you think I'm making this up?If you ever go there, tell them RodReynolds (assistant to the head janitor) sent you. You'll get some extra ice in your soda.
My father lives in Stamford. If I ever visit him, I'll be sure to check out Arby's (I think it'll be my first time ever at an Arby's).Putty: "Feels like an Arby's night"
Where's the Smug-o-meter in this thread?
This is like the Muhammed Ali of threads. I think for something to be smug, it must be slightly disdainful of others and quietly arrogant/holier than thou. When you start listing your GPA and SAT scores, you're just a boaster.I got an 800 on my SAT verbal.Wang
thanks guys. my gpa is somewhere around 4.3, i'm hoping to be valedictorian of our class but we'll see. i got 2290 SATs which was nice. but i applied as a musician, a composer, i sent in a CD of three of my pieces complete with scores, so thats probably what set me apart. everyone that applies has 4.0+ and baller SATs. so its all about the x-factor.i got high and drunk today and life feels pretty good. sorry for the shameless boasting but i figure, eh, its stanford.
um, apparently grading and SAT's have changed since I was in school? or are you guys so brilliant that you actually got more things right than they asked?
um, apparently grading and SAT's have changed since I was in school? or are you guys so brilliant that you actually got more things right than they asked?
Yeah, I was wondering teh same thing. I think they make you take a "subject test" too, now. Or maybe they added a writing section. Based on my powers of deduction, I'd bet it's out of 2400 now (800/section).So a 2290 would be the equivalent of like ~1530.I think.Wang
Yeah, I was wondering teh same thing. I think they make you take a "subject test" too, now. Or maybe they added a writing section. Based on my powers of deduction, I'd bet it's out of 2400 now (800/section).So a 2290 would be the equivalent of like ~1530.I think.Wang
good deduction. and just to be smug, i got 800 on the verbal section too. 740 math 750 writing. this might be the first thread i've ever made thats more than 1 page. this is gonna be the new couch thread, except just ridiculously obnoxious and conceited.god, i'm so awesome.
good deduction. and just to be smug, i got 800 on the verbal section too. 740 math 750 writing. this might be the first thread i've ever made thats more than 1 page. this is gonna be the new couch thread, except just ridiculously obnoxious and conceited.god, i'm so awesome.
Wow, that's pretty fucking eerie. Except for the writing section (which, when I took it, I believe was like a beta-test version) our SAT scores were exactly the same. Sadly I lost a prop bet. On the two practice exams I took in the year leading up to the exam, I was consistently scoring between 760 and 780 on the math, so I booked myself at like 1.5-1 with a few people to score a 1550 or better. I lost a healthy chunk of change to all my dorkalicious friends.Wang

lol. i won some money yesterday. freshman year i bet my friend 10 bucks that i'd get into stanford. he made a pretty good decision to call - kinda like having a pair of queens on a 952 board. hard to put me on middle set, you know? but i had it and i worked pretty hard throughout high school just for this day, when i can ask him where my scrill at.i also made another pretty crazy bet in like july. my friend, who is about as smart as me, is black, gets straight A's and similar scores, is a singer, composer, and DOUBLE BASS PLAYER. so i bet him that he'd get into harvard. he's a perfect kid. in fact i gave him 2 to 1 odds that he'd get in, so if they dont want him i'm losing 20 bucks. hope he didnt intentionally halfass his app.

lol. i won some money yesterday. freshman year i bet my friend 10 bucks that i'd get into stanford. he made a pretty good decision to call - kinda like having a pair of queens on a 952 board. hard to put me on middle set, you know? but i had it and i worked pretty hard throughout high school just for this day, when i can ask him where my scrill at.i also made another pretty crazy bet in like july. my friend, who is about as smart as me, is black, gets straight A's and similar scores, is a singer, composer, and DOUBLE BASS PLAYER. so i bet him that he'd get into harvard. he's a perfect kid. in fact i gave him 2 to 1 odds that he'd get in, so if they dont want him i'm losing 20 bucks. hope he didnt intentionally halfass his app.
Yeah, I can't see how he won't get in... Assuming he gets ~1450 on his SAT (I don't do this whole /2400 crap), he'll be a lock.Wang
he'll get in
Nice job. Good luck at Stanford, good school. Of course I will point out that GPA and SAT scores really won't help you outside of college - they have almost nothing to do with job placement. Study hard enough to get a 3.5, and then party hard the rest of the time. Network as much as possible while you are there too.