hunter s. thompson for sheriff

I was reading different contributions from friends of Hunters about his death. This story was particularly amusing. As told by John Clancy..."One evening we were driving home when we hit a deer. It had a little baby with it. The dead deer we threw in the back, took home, gutted, chopped up in to meat. We put a splint on the baby deer's broken leg. A couple of days later, Alan Watts, the great Zen Buddhist guru who was very popular at the time, happened to come by. He looked at the deer and said, "Oh, I think I can help the little deer." Then he kind of did all these weird mumbo-jumbo things and touched it. "The little deer's going to be fine now," he said. About an hour later it died. Hunter said, "That fucker, that crackpot, that fraud - don't believe anything that charlatan speaks. He killed a deer."What a character.I bet he and Doyle would have gotten along.RIP

Hunter was fantastic. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is probably my favourite book ever. Also reccomend Kingdom of Fear which is kind of a biography, it tells stories of the capers he got up to.My favourite story about him is when he ran for sheriff of Aspen. He shaved his head completely bald and refered to his opponent, who had a crew cut, as the long haired hippy.The guy was a genius, R.I.P.