Randomising Moves

Ok, this is quite a general topic, but bear with me.I'm basically wondering in which situations you make sure you are acting randomly?For example, if you C-bet 50% of the time, do you make sure this is truely random? (by for example, looking at the second hand on your watch?) I normally aim for a 50% (or whatever) ratio, but individually go by 'feel' and the texture of the flop. But this is exploitable by a good player, who might spot that you always c-bet with a junk flop but never with 2 high cards showing.So perhaps you should c-bet 50% of the time, whatever the situation? But you are then likely to be giving up equity in certain situations where you should c-bet say 80% of the time.Obviously you can't generalise 'c-betting' to a single figure, you should really work out percentages based on every flop type that you see. But that's impractical.So I'm wondering1) whether you do this at all2) what situations you do it in3) what your percentages are4) methods for memorising percentages and randomising your playSome examples of other situations you might randomise:Raising/Checking with aces pre-flop (Harrington suggests 80%:20%)Betting on the river with the best hand - how often do you go for a small bet (to set up the post-oak bluff and to get the call) vs big bet (to allow a real bluff where you don't want a call to be obvious and to pick up a lot of money when they think it's a bluff)In principle anything could be randomised, so some guidence on what general situations are easy to randomise correctly would be great. Any links to articles on this stuff would be sweet too...

I don't randomize anything, at least not to my knowledge. Everything I do is tailored to a situation. As I'm not a very good player I don't do this all too well, but I try to.I c/bet almost every time against most opponents; against check raisers not so much; on dry flops more often than on coordinated boards; but that's not random - that's thinking about what would an opponent call with pf and if it's likely to have hit a specific board.I don't just randomly decide to call with AA pf, either. I'll do it at an aggro table where a raise behind me is likely. I'll also do it against aggro players in position if I think they'll bluff off their stack on the flop. I don't just roll a dice and say, well it's a 6 this time so I should limp these here aces.

DependsDo you have a table image yet, if not they wont know from where you are mixing up your play.I dont mix up my play much on line unless I`m with someone that I`ve played say 1000 hands with.Mixing things up when you are on 6-12 tables is not good.¿Tournament or Cash?Marginal plays are the best place to mix things up as you wont be too, how to say it, "wrong" with the move. Making big moves that come out of no where will not work long term.Using the second hand on your watch as a random number gen like it says in HOH works.

DependsDo you have a table image yet, if not they wont know from where you are mixing up your play.I dont mix up my play much on line unless I`m with someone that I`ve played say 1000 hands with.Mixing things up when you are on 6-12 tables is not good.¿Tournament or Cash?Marginal plays are the best place to mix things up as you wont be too, how to say it, "wrong" with the move. Making big moves that come out of no where will not work long term.Using the second hand on your watch as a random number gen like it says in HOH works.
Cheers for the comments so far.I'm thinking terms of poker generally, but especially with my regular home game pals.Good point about chosing marginal plays, but ideally you could not 'get it wrong' - on average whatever move you make would be equally dangerous, whether 20% bluff or 80% value bet or whatever. But that's probably pie in the sky, so perhaps like the first commentor said, you just have to go with the flow and hope no-ones watching you closely.I guess I would just like some ideas for percentages to aim for as much as anything - betting the river for example - and some ideas of places where I should be thinking about varying my play where that I don't realise at the moment.