Due to the new law banning online gambling I haven't played online poker for two weeks now. I noticed people here are still playing online by the stories they are posting. Now, are they playing somewhere outside of the U.S. or is there some kind of loop hole to get around to playing online? Someone please update me. Flamers - be nice!

Well, nothing goes into effect for another 200 days or so. You can still play at Pokerstars or Full Tilt. There may be others, but I know of those two for sure.

Mark,Playing poker online is still legal, or at least as much so as it has ever been. The new law prohibits U.S. financial institutions from doing business with gambling sites. It makes no mention of players playing on such sites.Several times in the past, U.S. courts have struck down the idea that playing poker online is in violation of the Federal Wire Act. That means the courts have decided the federal Wire Act does not apply to online poker. There are no U.S. laws that prohibit playing poker online. The ARE states that have passed laws banning internet gambling, and playing poker online in one of those states is illegal, much like anal sex is illegal in Alabama.For the most comprehensive analysis, see Jaffrey Allyn Schulman's articles regarding the law and the latest legislation on Cardplayer.com.