how did i play this?

ok so we're in a freeroll tourney where you get 10k in chips. i have like 9k or something, i'm on the big blind with A2 of hearts. a few people call to me and i check. flop comes 969 with two hearts. i figure i should be aggresive with my good draw and i bet out 500. (blinds were 75-150 and i bet 500 into about an 800 pot). i get a caller. the big stack with like 33k in chips, he's been playing really aggressively and i knew he didnt have to have a hand. turn is the 8 of hearts. so i've made the nut flush barring a boat or a sf, neither of which he is too likely to have. so i bet weak, 150, hoping he will raise me. which he does, making a bluffish raise of 1200. calling would bring me down to like 7k, and i dont want him going away really, i know my hand is really good. river is the dreaded 10 of hearts. i check it and he bets like 3400, which would bring me to about 3500 if i lost. i of course call with my ace high flush, and he turns over Kh7d. he called on the flop with nothing but backdoor crap, raised me on the turn with an oesfd, and hit a 2 outer on the river. should i have not trapped him, i knew he would bet big on the river regardless of the outcome. he had 2 outs, was i too cute here?

Once he called the flop bet and the turn left him open ended, there was no getting him off the hand. He hit perfect perfect to beat you, it happens, unfortunately.

Once he called the flop bet and the turn left him open ended, there was no getting him off the hand. He hit perfect perfect to beat you, it happens, unfortunately.
Actually he didn't P/P .. he could have turned a K and won too. even if one of the 9's was a low heart, 7h still has 2 SF possibilities which raises P/P to 2 combinations.Not that it really matters but hey :D

honestly, you should've checkraised the flop, IMO. This would hide your flush draw and show a lot of strength. ohter than that, you got unlucky

Since you asked for it - you played it very poorly. How was he "not very likely" to have a boat or a draw to a boat when the board had already paired. I know that's not what he beat you with, but I don't see the logic. If the board is paired there is always the chance he has a boat, or at the very least could draw to it. Your bet on the turn is horrible - betting 150 into a approx. 1500 chip pot with the flush on board - anyone could sniff that out. Again, this player obviously didn't sniff it out and got lucky, but it's still a horrible bet.

Since you asked for it - you played it very poorly.  How was he "not very likely" to have a boat or a draw to a boat when the board had already paired.  I know that's not what he beat you with, but I don't see the logic.  If the board is paired there is always the chance he has a boat, or at the very least could draw to it.  Your bet on the turn is horrible - betting 150 into a approx. 1500 chip pot with the flush on board - anyone could sniff that out.  Again, this player obviously didn't sniff it out and got lucky, but it's still a horrible bet.
thanks. i did ask for it. but the thing is, if they are drawing to a boat, like they have trip 9s or something, they are still not gonna lay it down. so in effect, i'm saving money for 5th st, in case the board 2 pairs or something. other than that, i still feel like i trapped him with two outs, but even so i see the logic to your post. thanks.