A Good Laydown

I'm not sure about this hand. This is micro limits (.01/.02) and I've already doubled my buy-in. The guy in this hand had seen 7 of the last 8 hands down to the river, mucking or losing 6 of those 7 hands.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button ($1.88)SB ($4.93)BB ($3.30)UTG ($3.69)MP ($6)Hero ($1.90)Preflop: Hero is CO with Theart.gif, Aclub.gif. UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04, UTG calls $0.04.Flop: ($0.19) 2diamond.gif, Aheart.gif, 3heart.gif(3 players)BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12, UTG folds.Turn: ($0.43) 3spade.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: ($0.43) 5heart.gif(2 players)BB bets $3.12 (All-In)Hero ???

At these stakes, this is a bluff the vast majority of times. Your average player here never pushes so much with trips or the straight. Think "opposite man" -- if they have a strong hand, they'll bet super weak to get you to call, whereas if they have a weak hand, they'll bet super hard to get you to fold after you showed weakness on the turn.Aseem

I bet the turn.If he check-raises you all in at that point, you can consider it more of a threat.The problem with checking the turn is that, by showing weakness, you encourage him to bluff at you on the river.And this is only ok if you plan on calling the river.Otherwise, checking the turn cost you the whole pot.Checking the turn AND folding the river is usually a poor combination.--cm