Anyway, KDawg hasn't posted the results yet and I haven't spoken to him since before he posted this yesterday and I just woke up so how could I know the answer. I imagine you looked it up on 2+2.Whatever, you spent all that time writing that post, protesting how you didn't think it was AK vs AK and then arrived at the conclusion at the end that it was AK vs AK against your better judgement.Aww shucks, look y'all I got it right in spite of myself!Whatever. Maybe it's TT and TT, but after reading your post I'd say it's 500 to 1 that it's anything but AK vs AK.we'll see I guess.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't look it up on 2+2.But I guess all you have to do is say that I did for me to have done it.Right?Funny how absolutely logical and sensical you can be and then have moments of absolute presumptious madness.I guess you need a breath of fresh air.Or of nicotine.Or something.

I didn't look it up on 2+2.But I guess all you have to do is say that I did for me to have done it.Right?Funny how absolutely logical and sensical you can be and then have moments of absolute presumptious madness.I guess you need a breath of fresh air.Or of nicotine.Or something.Just offering my oppinion.Clearly your reading comprehention skills are lacking, so perhaps you should paraphrase what it is you think I'm saying before responding and announcing your canidacy to challange JFarrell for the village idiot job.

I think what you are saying is......"It looks like I was wrong when I guessed, and it looks like some of my advice was bad. Absolute might be correct, which might be embarrasing to me. Therefore, the obvious move here is to suggest he looked it up, because he couldn't possibly understand any hand well enough to come up with a good answer."Also, I think your grasp on poker theory is as good as anyone who frequents this forum. Kudos to you.But I do think as a personality on this forum, you are a bit of a maniac. And sometimes a sad case. I really could care less if you get your elusive "everyone" you keep talking about to acquire some gang mentality about this.Also, don't compare me to JFarrell. That is a weak and cheap tactic here. I am nothing like him at all.

Also, don't compare me to JFarrell. That is a weak and cheap tactic here. I am nothing like him at all.At the momeny you're indistinguishable, actually.Not that I'd expect you to be capable of realizing it. Ego and all."It looks like I was wrong when I guessed, and it looks like some of my advice was bad. Absolute might be correct, which might be embarrasing to me. Therefore, the obvious move here is to suggest he looked it up, because he couldn't possibly understand any hand well enough to come up with a good answer." Not to further your candiacy, but you posted the same answer I did, after I posted it.How would that possibly be embarassing to me?For that matter how would it possibly be embarassing to me not to guess correctly about a single hand?Ludicrous. I can't imagine being insecure enough to even be able to conceptualize such a thing was possible.Clearly not a problem for you, though.

after thinking about it, i think you have AK of diamonds, and he has TT. he would three-bet you with TT, as he should, and you would cap with AKs, as you should.flop comes JTx with two diamonds, this is an ideal flop for you to lead out on. normally, he would raise to isolate with a hand like AA/KK/QQ/KQ, but he has hit his set and is in a pretty safe position to slowplay, so he waits for the turn to raise.the turn brings another jack, so i'm not sure why you would lead out again, but you do. and he raises. you call.the river brings another jack, and you know you're beat, so you check. but he thinks he's beat by an overpair, so he checks.if you had AA/KK/QQ, the river was a terrible play. that is a pretty nice value bet situation with the second-nuts. and it's hard to imagine that he'd play any hand with a jack in it other than JJ.so TT is my guess for him, and AKs is my guess for you.aseem

When you emerge from the dreamland of absolute righteousness, realize that you have made a point of despising such things and slap yourself.If it turns out not be AK vs AK I'll make an elaborate public apology and transfer you $50.That's how unlikely it is that I think you didn't look it up. So my reigetousness will be my downfall if I turn out to be wrong.

By the way you should still be sending me fifty bucks by your busted logic.None of the reasons I thought they had AK were even discussed in this thread on 2+2. If you are going to accuse people of things to meet your own ends, at least be properly equipped to justify your position in the matter.

Also, don't compare me to JFarrell. That is a weak and cheap tactic here. I am nothing like him at all.
At the momeny you're indistinguishable, actually. Not that I'd expect you to be capable of realizing it. Ego and all.
Funny, because when JFarrell posts he seems to have a legion of adversaries. But with me, it seems to be only you. (Oh, I forgot, the imaginary army you have laughing at me. I should be more sensitive about this "issue" you have. I apologize.)

I skimmed through all the back-and-forth smacktalk, trying to see what the answer really was. I thought it was AK vs pocket kings (the posted had the pocket kings), but didn't see the answer.

well, since the link is posted(thanks absolute :roll: ), Yes it was a chop and I was on a freeroll(in teh vernacular). As I had said the villian and I had battled in the past several times so this wasn't all that striaghtforward as it might seem. His range of hands on his PF threebet got me thinking 99 or 1010, he wa also conscious of this too. So I obviously capped PF to take away some of his aggression. IT was a great flop for me but I had to be sure he didn't have a set of tens or jacks so of course I was betting out. The button is compeltely inconsequencial in this hand, she was a complete dunce. My plan on a riase was a threebet at him on teh flop to give the impression of KK or AA there, and if its capped we got probelms, but outs to the good nuts and obviously one out to the stone nuts. Against a player that I wouldn't neccessarily respect I might've threebet the turn, but the key word is might've. I feel that if he had AA or KK himself the flop would've been riased, but like he said in the link, he had seen me a time or two threebarrell it with AK UI if I felt enough weakness(Absolute knows that I'm capable of this too). His turn riase to me made me feel like it was 99 and not a flopped set as any smart 2+2er isn't gonna let a set with a flush draw and striaght draw board go with out putting in some raises. I didn't know he was a 2+2er at the time, but past plays definetly indicated a strong player. His riase on the turn was also to see if I had an overpair. Now I will openly admit, if he had bluffed the river I would've had to fold. So needless to say I was very happy with the check he did. There was a lot more thinking involved in this hand and subsequent hands, and both of us have had fun PMing each other about it, but I just woke up. Absolute if you actually did guess this without checking 2+2, props, if you did, your naughty :-)

For what it is worth KDawgI didn't look.I looked after Smash acted like a girl about it.And found that I was correct but probably for different reasons than were obvious to the villian at the time.I don't see how anyone could read the 2+2 thread and then posted what I did.Do you?

no, I didn't think you cheated. But I did open people up to doing it if they really felt like it, as I basically told them where to look if they so desired. wrto and I really gave it away last night as to what the thread was before we edited our posts, that's why one of my posts is just an emoticon. Really I feelt he hand is more interesting then smash thinks it is. I also find it funny that he felt I would overplay nines like that. Actually I felt if anyone was gonna get my hand right it would be you or wrto as you both have seen how I've played Hands like this both live and you've actually responded to my hand postings more than anyone else. Props to you on getting it right, Smash you owe him $50

what is really funny is you just posted a hand where you limped with nines and *someone* thought you would cap with them. People gotta have respect, "dawg".Anyway, what do you think about his raise on the turn? It's really the only thing that made me think he had QQ. Your thoughts?I do agree though, that this hand is pretty interesting.

yeah the turn riase screamed to me of either 99 or QQ with QQ being the most liely there, but he knew that I would think that. That's what makes this hand interesting as it was as much a psychological battle as anything else. Iuse the dawg moniker for a couple of reasons too, one is so that people don't take me seriously and the other is that its been a nickname that I've had since I was 16 and I like to stay uniform with my screenames because I'm lazy :D fear the dawg repect the dawg :)