5 Random Good Beers

We don't get that many American Beers up here (other than Bud, Miller etc), so if your favourite beer isn't on here, that's why. Same thing with a lot of European beer.In no real order.1.) Big Rock Traditional Ale (Calgary, Alberta). If you haven't tried this, go out of your way to get a 6 pack. It is worth a road trip.2.) Shaftsbury Wet Coast Wheat Ale. Sort of like a Heifeweissen, without the gross parts.3.) Bavaria (Holland). Much better than Heineken (which is also from Holland). Bavaria 8.6 is also good for a strong beer.4.) Duvel Golden Ale (Belgium). I think I got the right one. It is from Belgium, comes in 355ml single bottles similar to Grolsch.5.) Peroni (Italy). The first half of one tastes gross, the rest are awesome.Honourable mention: Lighthouse Lager (from Vancouver Island, BC), Kronenburg (French), Okanagon Springs 1516 (BC), Red Stripe (Jamaica), Old English (America).

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I had that in Mexico. Is it Mexican?
Yea... I think its the smoothest tasting of all the Mexican beers along with Corona, however you don't need any lime or salt for Dos Equis. On the other hand Pacifico and Modelo Negro leave a bad beer aftertaste in my mouth.
If you ever see it on a menu or on the shelf I suggest getting a Hoegarrden. It's a Belguin beer.
I've had this. I thought it was awesome that it was called Hoe Garden.Good beer.
HoeGarden is fantastic. If you get in the massive glass that most bars serve it with, it is the $$.Dos Equis has a label of XX right?
Yep. It's best when it's on tap though.
Then I have had it. Decent stuff.I really didn't like Modelo Negro.
I haven't had Negro, but Modelo Especial is pretty decent.