10 handed table, 200 players left in tournament. 6500 chips is average stack.Hero has 7500 chipsVillian has 1400 chips. Hero considers him to be donkish and aggressive. Not horrible, but not great either.Blinds 100/200Hero limps UTG with 662 callersVillian in sb moves in for 1400 totalbb folds.Pot has 2000 in it, its 1200 for Hero to call.What range of hands do you put this guy on? Do you make this call? Raise? My image should be pretty tight at the table.If you don't like the 66 limp, feel free to comment on that as well.MarkEdit: Crap, just realized this is a tournament hand and since I never post anywhere other than NLStrat I didn't even think to put it in the right place. Feel free to move it to the tourney section if needed....

Completely agree, 66 should have been folded from the start, and Id fold it now too. For some reason people have this idea that they "know" they're going into a coin flip; you can't be sure, you may very well be dominated and even in a coin flip it is indeed only a coin flip. These are the types of situations that we like to avoid, thats why we fold 66.

Just for the record, I'm a bit iffy on the 66 limp. In a cash game, which is primarily all I play, this is a no brainer hand I'll play every time. In the tourney, maybe its a fold or raise depending on the table.But mostly, I'm just wondering about the short stacked call. My feeling was that I was almost assuredly a 50/50 here as this guy doesn't need anything but an A or K to push here (which is probably legit on his part, as he really needs to double up) and I'm getting the odds to call for sure. And if he does have an overpair or overs and hits, I'm not crippled.Is this reasonable?Mark

I dont like the open limp utg.2 others called behind you. depending on their stacks..if you call the raise, they may as well...I'd personally rather be heads up with 66 vs the sb, than playing a 3 way or 4 way pot. So, depending on their stacks, I might re-raise the sb to isolate, as opposed to just calling.In a tourney, 10 handed, UTG I'd usually muck this...or raise it...playing a small pp passively utg isn't something I'd make a habit of.- Jordan

I dont like the open limp utg.2 others called behind you. depending on their stacks..if you call the raise, they may as well...I'd personally rather be heads up with 66 vs the sb, than playing a 3 way or 4 way pot. So, depending on their stacks, I might re-raise the sb to isolate, as opposed to just calling.In a tourney, 10 handed, UTG I'd usually muck this...or raise it...playing a small pp passively utg isn't something I'd make a habit of.- Jordan
agreee
I wasn't super worried about the callers behind me calling. They were both decent players, and calling would have risked about 1/4 of their chips. One even said in the chatbox as he folded after I smooth called: 'I fold to your monster' feeling that the only hand I could have to just smooth call there would be AA, which is what I expected them to think.I also agree the UTG limp was very questionable. So all in all, consensus is, I shouldn't have gotten myself into this in the first place, but given that I was there, calling (or reraising to isolate) is ok it sounds like. Thats pretty much how I felt about the whole thing after the hand was over as well.Mark