1/2 Live 100min/200maxHero-70Hero is BB with 42cLimped 5way pot.Flop A42, 2 diamonds.Sb bets 10, Hero raises to 35(standard?), folds to Button, Calls 35, Sb folds.Button is a bad player. He's either stuck, or trying to get unstuck. Today its the latter. Has made questionable moves from the short time I've seen him play, and makes tons of marginal preflop and flop calls/raises. I've only been playing for about 45 minutes.Turn AHero has 35 left. This a standard check?

yea, but you should have pushed the flop.
I contemplated that, but didnt end up doing it. Didnt seem right. Any reason(s) why?
I contemplated that, but didnt end up doing it. Didnt seem right. Any reason(s) why?
cause you have a welfare stack and will get called by most aces here and you have less than 1/2 the pot left when the turn comes.

Ok, well put. Now make my stack 200starting with. Same plays, same turn, now what?

It's probably not the right move, but I tend to call the flop with bottom two a lot and wait for a safe turn to make my move. It seems like that top card pairs way more than it should. Also, a good player's going to have a tough time calling your raise with one pair anyway unless he's pot-committed, so it makes sense to wait and get more money in the pot.

It's probably not the right move, but I tend to call the flop with bottom two a lot and wait for a safe turn to make my move. It seems like that top card pairs way more than it should. Also, a good player's going to have a tough time calling your raise with one pair anyway unless he's pot-committed, so it makes sense to wait and get more money in the pot.
Why does it make sense to make people fold when they would be calling incorrectly?

I'm not saying I want them to fold. I'm saying that when we're relatively short-stacked (as we are in this hand), it's usually better to get villian pot-committed to the hand before we raise so he calls us on the turn whereas he might fold on the flop. If we were deeper stacked, I might wait and make a small value raise on the river or even call down if I thought a raise on any street would only be called by a better hand.