River play  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What should the hero do on the river?

• call
    • fold

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxButton ($223.60)SB ($175.20)BB ($200)UTG ($346.60)UTG+1 ($176.75)MP1 ($279.85)MP2 ($366.10)Hero ($402.60)Preflop: Hero is CO with J :club: , T :D . 4 folds, Hero raises to $6, Button calls $6, 1 fold, BB calls $4.Flop: ($19) 6 :D , 7 :D , K :)(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets $15, Button calls $15, BB raises to $30, Hero calls $15, Button calls $15.Turn: ($109) 8 :)(3 players)BB bets $65, Hero calls $65, Button folds.River: ($239) 8 :)(2 players)BB bets $99 (All-In), Hero . . .I hit the flush, but the board paired. The pot is large. The villain is tight.

i'm saying call here. do you think tight villain check-minraises with a set into a bet-call with 2 to a flush on the board? the only hand i'm afraid of here is the nut flush. i'd say 40% of the time he has the nut flush, 40% of the time he c/r'ed 89 with an open ender and thought his river trips were good, and 20% he actually had the set that filled. call. that seems like a c/r to add value to a drawing hand, which could either be the oesd that tripped or the nut flush draw (possibly a worse flush draw, but doubtful if the villain is tight)