Villian is 27/16/1.4PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is SB with [Jh], [Kc]. UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (6 SB) [7h], [Qd], [2c] (3 players)Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: (4.50 BB) [As] (3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB folds.River: (6.50 BB) [Jd] (2 players)Hero bets

Not really a fan of the turn check/call. If you're going to do anything other than check/fold I think you should bet. What was your thinking there?Jeff
A few things.When both players call on that dry flop, I'm in trouble. Hands that peel are Ax and pairs that don't plan to fold. No point in betting, because I may get raised and have to call/fold because of pot odds. I think the worst thing that could happen to me would be to bet/call then check/fold the river. A check may also give me a free card, or allow me to get away from my hand cheaply.So I check. If BB had bet, I would have folded. The chance that he has an ace is too high, so my King outs have to be heavily discounted. When UTG bet, I felt almost all my king outs were clean, and maybe even some J outs. UTG is not limping wiht a hand like KQ or K7 preflop. He's also not limping with very many Ax hands, if any. So what could he have? Hands like QTs and small pp's make sense. So I call.
A few things.When both players call on that dry flop, I'm in trouble... No point in betting
Yeah, I agree with that. The check part I'm with... not so sure about the call part.
When UTG bet, I felt almost all my king outs were clean, and maybe even some J outs. UTG is not limping wiht a hand like KQ or K7 preflop. He's also not limping with very many Ax hands, if any. So what could he have? Hands like QTs and small pp's make sense. So I call.
I agree with your assessment here. I don't think he limps with anything other than PP, and (at best) Q-hi suited cards or connectors. With stats like that tho, is it possible he'd limp with A2s from up front?The problem, as I see it, is that even if all your K outs are good (prolly are) and all your J outs are good (prolly not) then you still don't have odds to call in this 5.5BB pot on the turn. I'm thinking this is a check/fold on the turn.Jeff
The problem, as I see it, is that even if all your K outs are good (prolly are) and all your J outs are good (prolly not) then you still don't have odds to call in this 5.5BB pot on the turn.
I have a gutshot too.
Villian is 27/16/1.4PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is SB with [Jh], [Kc]. UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG calls.Flop: (6 SB) [7h], [Qd], [2c] (3 players)Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls.Turn: (4.50 BB) [As] (3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets, Hero calls, BB folds.River: (6.50 BB) [Jd] (2 players)Hero bets
I'm not a fan of the pre-flop raise. I am an aggressive player in this game, but the UTG limper would keep me from raising. I'm sure its very close though.
I'm not a fan of the pre-flop raise. I am an aggressive player in this game, but the UTG limper would keep me from raising. I'm sure its very close though.
I think an UTG limper with those stats has a pretty narrow range. The only way he has me dominated is with AA/KK which he's usually raising.What are your thoughts on the turn check/call?
I think an UTG limper with those stats has a pretty narrow range. The only way he has me dominated is with AA/KK which he's usually raising.What are your thoughts on the turn check/call?
Hes not loose and hes not hyper-aggressive.Your hand usually has zero or very little equity against his.
I'm folding.You can't give yourself more than 6 outs. (four to the nuts and 2 for the times a J or K is good).And your implied odds aren't very high.