I tend to pass up a better chance to win the pot, for a chance to win a bigger pot.In these aggressive games, I suspect your chances to draw profitably are cut down, thoughgiven the good pot size already, I see your point.and, as stated, I like the turn c/r as well.

check/calling this flop is easily the worst possible line. I have a strong hand in an aggressive short handed game. I have 11.5 outs in front of a preflop raiser who is almost always going to raise and plays poorly post-flop. Leading this flop is the master play in a fast aggressive game where you have to be creative to pick up pots. It shows interest in the pot and leaves me more options on the turn.I would NEVER make this play in a 3/6 game. When I began playing 5/10 shorthanded on Party, I realized very fast that you cannot play ABC poker and be a big winner. In situations where you have a strong drawing hand on a safe board against a bad player, you need to be aggressive.Anyway, what you are telling me is that I want to play passive poker in a shorthanded aggressive game in front of a bad player? Keith is right, I could let him hang himself, but I can also pull on the rope while he hangs.Upon further discussion of the hand, Keith agreed with my turn c/r line.
Giving yourself 11.5 outs on the flop is pretty short sighted of you as is considering your hand a strong holding. While on occasion you will have that in many cases you will have only 4 for your straight and 1.5 for your bdfd. This pot is 4 handed, one of the other 3 played could very easily hold a J. Really this entire hand just seems like a perfect example of why donks take longer to go broke then they should. His being a bad player has caused you to spew into a pot that realistically you are not going to win all that often. (of course that turn bails you out)And yea i'm sure you can kill 5/10 sh playing good solid poker but no need to get into that currently.
check/calling this flop is easily the worst possible line. I have a strong hand in an aggressive short handed game. I have 11.5 outs in front of a preflop raiser who is almost always going to raise and plays poorly post-flop. Leading this flop is the master play in a fast aggressive game where you have to be creative to pick up pots. It shows interest in the pot and leaves me more options on the turn.I would NEVER make this play in a 3/6 game. When I began playing 5/10 shorthanded on Party, I realized very fast that you cannot play ABC poker and be a big winner. In situations where you have a strong drawing hand on a safe board against a bad player, you need to be aggressive.Anyway, what you are telling me is that I want to play passive poker in a shorthanded aggressive game in front of a bad player? Keith is right, I could let him hang himself, but I can also pull on the rope while he hangs.
11.5 outs?Did you mistake one of the suits for a diamond? You dont have a flush draw.What you're saying makes no sense.Could you define what you mean by "bad" player? What percentage of his hands does he raise out of the blinds? Will he make tight folds postflop?Being bad doesnt mean he wont ever pair his cards. He will quite often. And so will other people on the table.