way ahead/way behind

Long time lurker, newbie poster. If this belongs in strat, my apologies.Having a discussion about when to use the wa/wb line in a typical LLHE game.Hand in question:EP2 limps with KQo, EP3 raises, all fold, EP2 calls.Flop K/8/2 rainbow.Hero?This table usually saw 3-5 to the flop. I was given no reads on the villain. I wouldn't have limped preflop. But now that we're here, is this a typical wa/wb situation? Given a tight raiser (AA-99, AKs-AJs, AKo-AQo, KQo, KQs), we may be ahead/split anywhere from 55-67% of the time. What factors do you use to decide when to shift to wa/wb mode?

You are far more likely to be ahead than behind here. I think you check raise the flop and plan to lead out on the turn. How your opponent responds will give you much better read on where you stand. If your opponent reraises you on the flop or raises your lead on the turn, then you have to consider that you are likely behind unless you are playing a complete maniac or a chronic bluffer. Even so, without a read on the villain, if he keeps jamming I think you have to go into check-call mode and call it down. The pot will be far too big to fold and you will see a hand that you beat often enough to make those calls profitable.

Without reads i check/raise the flop, and call down if he 3bets. If he calls the flop raise, i bet any turn and fold to a raise if the turn is an ace, otherwise call down.If you know the guy well enough to expect that he's going to fold any hole pair below a K, i like check/calling the flop and turn. And then the river, you could probably justify bet/calling and bet/folding depending on the villain in question.