omaha hi/low limit...

This is my first post... Anyway, I know the basics of this game... You have to qualify for the low hand by having a 5 card hand 8's or lower... But in order to scoop the pot you have to win both the low and the hi? If thats true than do you use all 4 of your cards to make the best low and hi card hand?EDIT: What's a good stratedgy for limit omaha hi/low?

Okay, question by question:Qualifying for low: Almost...they have to be five DIFFERENT cards 8 or lower (IE 8-5-5-2-A doesn't qualify; 8-7-4-2-A does).Scooping the pot: Occurs when either there is no low qualifying hand (Because you have to use exactly 3 board cards, a board like, say, K-Q-7-J-8 would not produce a qualifying low) or you win both portions. Using all four cards in your hand: This is hard to explain; it's probably easiest if you think of your high and low as being two seperate hands. You can therefore have a situation where you CAN use all four cards--two for high, the other two for low--but it's not strictly necessary).For instance (These are strictly examples; I do not necessarily advocate playing these specific hands): You hold A-A-2-3Board is A-A-4-5-KYour high uses the aces in your hand (plus the aces (And king) on board for a high of A-A-A-A-KYour low uses the 2-3 in your hand plus A-4-5 on board for a low of 5-4-3-2-A.Or:You hold A-2-K-9Board is 8-3-4-5-QYour high and low both use the same two card here: The A-2 in your hand and the 3-4-5 on board for the A-5 straight for both high and low.As for strategy, you generally want to play starting hands that give you a chance to take both halves of the pot (Despite my earlier disclaimer, A-A-2-3, especially double suited, is one of if not the best starting hand in Omaha Hi/Lo). Starting hand selection is key, that much I know; most Omaha players say you have to play even more tightly than you would a Hold Em game.

More simplistic:you have a four cards in your hand and five on the board. To make your hand either hi or low, you have to use exactly 2 cards from your hand and 3 cards from the board....their is no exception. However, you can use two different combinations of those four cards for each half hi and low. Michael Carpelleti wrote a good book on Omaha Hi/Lo 8 or better and the section in SS2 by Bobby Baldwin is very good. I would suggest both.