I have 88 in BB 2/43 limpers, SB completes, I check5 handedFlopj 4 4 two :D Sb checks, I bet, 4 callers.turn 7 :D I check, 2 checks to CO who bets, SB calls, I fold, 2 more callersriver A :club: checked to CO who bets, 3 callersShowdown: Co wins pot with 55.I'm posting this because, much like my other posts, I'm trying to understand what I'm seeing.

if it makes you feel any better i woudlve folded here also. With that many callers you have to figure some for a J, 4 or flush.Love to hear what others have to say
I'm not upset with the fact I folded. I'm really trying to understand the mentality of a limit holdem player at this level so I can better figure out how to beat them. I"m seeing that value betting is key so far, but how little do I infact to need to value bet?
Guest Zach6668
if it makes you feel any better i woudlve folded here also. With that many callers you have to figure some for a J, 4 or flush.Love to hear what others have to say
I'm not upset with the fact I folded. I'm really trying to understand the mentality of a limit holdem player at this level so I can better figure out how to beat them. I"m seeing that value betting is key so far, but how little do I infact to need to value bet?
Good luck with that.You will never fully understand the mind of a fish/donkey. It's impossible.
Guest Zach6668
You found an exceptionally good table. That's all you need to know. Buddy list the 3 callers at showdown.
No kidding! What the hell could they possibly have been calling with? That is fantastic.
You found an exceptionally good table. That's all you need to know. Buddy list the 3 callers at showdown.
Oh, I have believe me. Unfortunately I have had a rather bad run against them when I've managed to get them heads up or even in three way pots. (just silly bad beats) that'll change though.

I would think about a check raise here on the flop if you think you'll have a chance depending on how aggressive the table is. If it checks around, you may have lost a bet or two, but you've also gained info.On tables with multiple calling stations, this is a tactic I like to imploy at times.....and I stress at times. Most of the time I play it like you did.

I would think about a check raise here on the flop if you think you'll have a chance depending on how aggressive the table is. If it checks around, you may have lost a bet or two, but you've also gained info.On tables with multiple calling stations, this is a tactic I like to imploy at times.....and I stress at times. Most of the time I play it like you did.
What?checkraise in a tiny pot with huge reverse implied odds, no draw, out of position, and with a hand behind anything that hit the board?I think you should c/f the flop. Small pot and you have 4 people behind.

This is short handed remember. The likelyhood of a 4 is slim. You can get bet with any pocket pair and ace high. If they don't fold to a check raise you can shut down....but at least you're making a play at a board that you very well may be ahead on. Check calling is weak. At the very least, I would bet into this board on the flop.If you check raise, you're representing a 4, or a jack with good kicker. I'm not saying it's an optimal play, but I like to mess around with this play once in a while.

This is short handed remember.  The likelyhood of a 4 is slim.  You can get bet with any pocket pair and ace high.  If they don't fold to a check raise you can shut down....but at least you're making a play at a board that you very well may be ahead on.  Check calling is weak.  At the very least, I would bet into this board on the flop.If you check raise, you're representing a 4, or a jack with good kicker.  I'm not saying it's an optimal play, but I like to mess around with this play once in a while.
A four is just as likely as if it were ring with the same limpers.Pot's small. Four people behind you. You're beat by *anything* that connected with the board. If you do get called, you're probably not that much of a favorite. Pot's small. Check raising is a ridiculous spew. I don't like betting because if you're called you have no idea if you're ahead, and many turn cards will kill your hand. If you do check and someone bets besides maybe the button, you're probably beat. Pot's small. The small range of hands you're beating can draw out quite easily. Pot's small. If he is bluffing, he can take a freebie on the turn (if you check/call).You don't have to make fancy check raises and plays at the pot just because it's shorthanded.
This is short handed remember.  The likelyhood of a 4 is slim.  You can get bet with any pocket pair and ace high.  If they don't fold to a check raise you can shut down....but at least you're making a play at a board that you very well may be ahead on.  Check calling is weak.  At the very least, I would bet into this board on the flop.If you check raise, you're representing a 4, or a jack with good kicker.  I'm not saying it's an optimal play, but I like to mess around with this play once in a while.
sorry, I should have been clearer. This isn't short handed. the flop just came five handed.
You have to check/fold there on the turn. The fact the winning hand was 55 is results oriented. Good fold
Definately know I need to fold the turn. I was just dumbfounded by the rest of the hand. When I start seeing plays like this, as I am new (again) to limt, It makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong to not call the flop and bet the turn with 55 here.
A four is just as likely as if it were ring with the same limpers.Pot's small. Four people behind you. You're beat by *anything* that connected with the board. If you do get called, you're probably not that much of a favorite. Pot's small. Check raising is a ridiculous spew. I don't like betting because if you're called you have no idea if you're ahead, and many turn cards will kill your hand. If you do check and someone bets besides maybe the button, you're probably beat. Pot's small. The small range of hands you're beating can draw out quite easily. Pot's small. If he is bluffing, he can take a freebie on the turn (if you check/call).You don't have to make fancy check raises and plays at the pot just because it's shorthanded.
I think you forgot, the pot is small too. :club: you're right though