first live tounament

I am considering entering a tournament at a local riverboat here in the midwest. But before I do, I would like some feed back on the buyin. The buy in, relatively cheap $10+5 (500 starting chips), confuses me a bit. I know what the buy in and fee are, there are bebuys in the first three rounds of $5 each gets you 300 chips (if you get under 500 chips). Then there is a bonus rebuy of $10 gets you 900 chips. Pay outs are top 5 for less than 50 players and top10 for 51+ (not sure what the percentages will be). My question is, do I just make the orignal buy in do I plan for the rebuys also? I'm looking forward to getting in there and mixing it up, but will be happy just to catch some cards. If I finish in the money great. I just hope for a great time. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

You will have to rebuy. If the bonus rebuy is 900 chips you will be very disadvantaged agaisnt everyone else who does the rebuy, which will be everybody else. So the tournament is actually minimum of twenty-five dollars. My advice is to buy as many chips as you can towards the end. In the beginning you don't have to, just try to accumulate chips through play. Also keep in mind that the blinds are going to go up so high that it doesn't really matter if someone has a few hundered more chips than you.