blues claim orszagh

http://tinyurl.com/cmdc8I'm not sure I understand how they had any more right to the guy than Phoenix. The process wasn't really explained that well in the article, so does anybody (cough digitalmonkey) know why a player being signed from Europe (IIHF) has to pass through NHL waivers?

From the NHL rule book....In the event a professional or former professional player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL regular season, other than on loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that season (including playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via waivers. For the balance of the season, any such player who has been obtained via waivers may be assigned only after again clearing waivers or through waiver claim.St.Louis was ahead of Phoenix on the waiver list!

wtf is with the image in your sig?And I find that hard to believe. St. Louis has claimed Simon Gamache from the Preds and Dallman from the Bruins this season alone. I don't see how any team could be below them on the waiver list, but it is what it is :club:

I don't see how any team could be below them on the waiver list, but it is what it is :club:
I'm pretty sure it goes by the team's place in the standings. Lower placed teams have better waiver priorities than higher placed teams. I don't think it's like Yahoo where if you make a claim you go to the top.Don't quote me on this though! Go Canada!
I don't see how any team could be below them on the waiver list, but it is what it is :club:
I'm pretty sure it goes by the team's place in the standings. Lower placed teams have better waiver priorities than higher placed teams. I don't think it's like Yahoo where if you make a claim you go to the top.Don't quote me on this though! Go Canada!
TITI thought I'd better clarify this one.TIT = this is true