multi-tabling, is it profitable?

In online poker, what's more important, learning the players then breaking the game or getting lots of table hours in? I can understand how you will make more profit, by playing more table hours, thus more hands, thus more money, but is it more profitable than picking a game, sitting for 5 or 6 hours and breaking the game? I guess my question is, when multitabling do you not lose valuable information about the players at your table?

I think both are profitable. When you play multiple tables, you will need to drop down in stakes by one or two levels just so you have that extra advantage. Since you don't have as much concentration breaking tables down and noticing all the tendencies of players, you will have to compensate somehow. For example, someone could play 10/20 and be a solid player by breaking down the table and players. However, he could also drop down to 3/6 and play four tables at a time. His general theory would be superior to those at 3/6 (assuming he's solid at 10/20) therefore allowing him to pull down maybe $20/hr/table. It really depends on your style and how much patience you have. Some players like to play four tables because it allows them to see tons of hands per hour. Others have the patience to sit and play fewer hands.

In online poker, what's more important, learning the players then breaking the game or getting lots of table hours in? I can understand how you will make more profit, by playing more table hours, thus more hands, thus more money, but is it more profitable than picking a game, sitting for 5 or 6 hours and breaking the game? I guess my question is, when multitabling do you not lose valuable information about the players at your table?
What sxz18 can work just fine too, but I don't think you have to drop down to multi-table. All you have to do is understand you have to play a bit more ABC (especially if you're talking 3-4 or more tables). You can't get as tricky, or make as many plays based on your "reads".The thing I'd ask Uah, when do you have a single online table last for 5-6 hours and not have the table break or have entire new players come on?As far as your question of losing valuable info -- first let me say, obviously your BB/hour goes down when you multi-table, goes down PER table, but since you're doing 3-4 times as many tables you still win more actual money if you are ok at multi-tabling.Example being you destroy the limit normally at 3.5 BB/100, but while multitabling you go down to 2 BB/100. So if you 3table you're doing 6 BB/100 now, which is bigger than 3.5BB/100. *shrug*And the other answer to your question is that if you use GT+ or Playerview you don't lose nearly as much as you'd think in info. You still lose some obviously, but if you're getting real-time stats updated every 2 mins on people's vp$ip, pfr%, or whatever other stats you want hovering near their name, you still can make pretty informed decisions.
What is GT+ and PlayerView? Stat programs I can deduce, but for what poker rooms, and how indepth do they get?
They both work with PokerTracker databases and give you live-tracking stats based on people are your table. The beauty of them is that it puts the stats over the actual table, usually right next to the person's name. Very key when you multi-table. So you can have a players various stats given in (near) realtime so you have them available while multi-tabling.PlayerView works only with party and skins. It's the one I use at the moment. I'm pretty new to these things, but I really really like it. :Dhttp://www.playerview.net/Check out the layouts link on the left to see what it can look like.GameTime+ is the other big option, and I haven't tried it yet, because I heard some good things about PlayerView so I did that first. It appears you get GT+ at:http://download.pokerdominion.com/GameTimePlus.exeand the forum for it is at:http://www.pokerdominion.com/I think GT+ works with many more clients than PV, but as I said, I haven't used it. I do all my ring at Party and skins so it hasn't been an issue for me thus far.