i keep losing money with ak

ok this is a boring hand but I want some input.UTG is fairly tightish. should i just check behind on the turn and check/fold the river?Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP2 with [Ah], [Kh]. UTG raises, UTG calls.Flop: (7.50 SB) [5h], [Qd], [4s] (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.Turn: (4.75 BB) [9d] (2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.River: (6.75 BB) [9s] (2 players)UTG checks, Hero checks.Final Pot: 6.75 BBResults in white below: UTG has Jh Jd (two pair, jacks and nines). Hero has Ah Kh (one pair, nines). Outcome: UTG wins 6.75 BB.

Guest Zach6668

This has been a problem of mine too, however, my biggest confusion occurs when playing this hand OOP.What would your line be on this if you were OOP?As is, I like it, I play it the same.Zach

He may not necessarily be that passive. Your holding is the only hand in a solid players 3bet range for those conditions where it isnt WA/WB for him.I mean, im not saying that his thought process followed that logic... but im not sure you can label him completely passive because of that.Against both an unknown or a TAG, i'd probably play it the same, except in the latter, bet/folding the river might be more appropriate for the more predictable tags (from his perspective, not yours).

He may not necessarily be that passive. Your holding is the only hand in a solid players 3bet range for those conditions where it isnt WA/WB for him.
AK is 16 combinations.AA-QQ is 15.I don't think he should be c/c'ing all the way down.

There are a lot of lower pocket pairs that you dont want folding, and you forgot to include AQ in the hands that we're way behind. KQ is also one that we're (with jacks) way behind.I realize that worse hands generally call down here. But you get at most 1 more small bet out of those worse hands if you check/raise the flop and lead the turn and river and lose 2 small bets more if you check/call down after that (which you probably should).AJ is WB and a half. (3 outs instead of 2). There are no reasonable flush draws or straight draws present.

ive decided i like my line. i think my river check is definetely correct here, esp. becuz villain raised UTG. He sure is passive here; a turn checkraise from him would have ended the hand, but he let me see the river.from his viewpoint AQ is a possible holding for me, so he loses less when he is behind. maybe he was being cautios because id been playing so tight this session. when he called the turn i knew i was beat, becuz this board offers nothing for drawing hands.