laptop recommendations and other questions

I read DN's blog about his lappy burning out; bummer!Honestly, DN has such a diverse and huge fanbase that he could probably post a question to us about tech stuff (ie what laptops are really cool / my compy's fan just kicked the bucket, what do I do?). Given the amount of questions and help he's given us, I'm pretty sure that most of us are willing to provide several good and helpful responses.I cringed at the notion of BBuy selling that software package; just don't really trust the value of having all that junk installed. Any other computer assistants / computer savvy people out there?

My one friend is worked on computers in the military and he also worked at a computer store for a few years. My opinion of laptops is they should be shot, or at least whoever decided to put the mouse right under the keypad.

My one friend is worked on computers in the military and he also worked at a computer store for a few years. My opinion of laptops is they should be shot, or at least whoever decided to put the mouse right under the keypad.
The space limitation makes mouse placement on a laptop difficult. You should be using a real mouse (USB) anytime your laptop is on a desk or table or whatever. Problem solved.